• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can do the math!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM
  • 23 Replies

So....tomorrow is my 2 year anniversary with my fiance. So, we have been dating for 2 years. We have a daughter that just turned 1 two weeks ago. Go ahead and do the math...we weren't together for long when I got pregnant. (about 2 months) Graciously....EVERYONE keeps pointing that out to me latley. It's kind of annoying. Obviously DD wasn't at all planned....but I think we've done pretty damn good for ourselves. We're in love, we're happy, we have a beautiful daughter, and we're getting married in Sept.  Anyone else ever in a similar situation? (pregnancy SOON after starting to date)

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I think we were together for about 3-4 months, but we've known each other for 15 years.  Now we've been married for 6 years.  The next time someone mentions it, tell them "I know, I was there" and paste a big smile on your face.  Who cares how it started, it's all in how you're living now.

~Jill~

worwalkerlds
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:30 AM
My SO and I were the same way! But we are very much in love, we can have conversations without even speaking a word, and we are a very happy family! Who cares how long you have been together with him, as long as you are in love and happy, people should just get over it!!!
vannahsmom07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM

lets put it this way. my dd was born the day before our 2yr anniversary! and she is 2 mo preemie... i can do math too but people always seem to point that out to me too!

JBsMom581
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I got pregnant with my first son about two months after me and his dad started dating but no one ever said anything negative about me getting pregnant so soon. We stayed together for almost four years and got pregnant with our second son about 8 months after our first son. Dont let anyone bother you with what they say it doesnt matter how long you have been together.

lostmarbles0520
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:39 AM

My son will be 7 months on our first wedding anniversary. We started dating in May, were engaged in June, and preggo in November.

KristiTurgeon
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I got pregnant within a month with DS's father. No one ever said anything about it, it was not planned by any means and I was depressed my whole pregnancy because he was cheating on me the whole time, but I didn't know what else to do besides put up with it and stay with him. Eventually I grew a backbone, but I don't think there is anything wrong with your situation. Sounds to me like you have yourself a beautiful and happy family, and that my friend is all that is important. Congrats to you!

Emmy217
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Thank you very much!

By the way- sorry to hear about that crappy situation you were in! That would really suck. I'm glad you were able to get away from it. So...congrats to you as well!

Quoting KristiTurgeon:

I got pregnant within a month with DS's father. No one ever said anything about it, it was not planned by any means and I was depressed my whole pregnancy because he was cheating on me the whole time, but I didn't know what else to do besides put up with it and stay with him. Eventually I grew a backbone, but I don't think there is anything wrong with your situation. Sounds to me like you have yourself a beautiful and happy family, and that my friend is all that is important. Congrats to you!

PolandMomof3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM

My husband and i starting dating wheni was 14, when i was 17 we got pregnant and we got married while i was preg. then my oldest was born  4 days after my 18th birthday. We later went on to have 2 more kids and we are still together and we have been married 9 years in april. I hear all the time "wow u got married so young most marriages only last afew years" well guess what we did and we are still together and happy. We bough a house when i was 18 and now i am 26 and its paid off already, and yes we are still young. I dont worry about what others think because every person has their own  of idea of how to live their live. Thats what makes america great

I am a hippie SAHM,  tattoo having ,easy going, cigarette smoking, homeschooling,earth loving,pacifier giving,  mom and wife who doesnt care what anyone else thinks, I don't judge you so don't judge me kinda person

maybaby08
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM

DH and I met in May or June of 2007. I got preggo in that August! Whoops. DS was born in May, we got married in Vegas January 3rd. Having the family wedding in September too (the 26th!). No one lets me forget it, but that's their problem. The only person I could ever love more than my husband is our son. So our son wasn't planned, our bad. Life happens.

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

Emmy217
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Sept 26th! That's OUR date. Haha

Good thing we're not like the movie Bride Wars!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)