Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pacifier or no pacifier???

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

ok so i have a new born and hes not really into taking a pacifier. would it be better if he didnt take one at all?? or should i kinda keep trying to see if he will take one? he is breast feeding and could sit there with my boob in his mouth all day... not exactly where i want to be...

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
misty8007
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:53 AM

My DD had a pacifier and I wish I never let her have one! It was so hard to take away from her! And she had to have it all the time so when we would go somewhere and she didnt have it we had to go buy one. That cost way too much money!

milmiracle
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:55 AM

That is up to the kid.  Some kids need it.  It soothes them.  Some don't need that.  It's good if they toungue thrust to help them but they might not take it even then so if they don't want it they don't need it. 

nuwave06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I wouldn't force it, especially if your baby is rejecting it.  My oldest had a LONG attachment to her paci and it was hard to get her to let go of it.  My youngest wasn't as bad -- replacing the paci with a "big girl" item and mentality seemed to do the trick.

tippymorgan08
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM

I personally can't stand the things. Didn't offer our son one and won't be offering it to any other kids we have. I say if he's not taking it, then let it be.

I am a Christian, natural birthing, delayed cord clamping, breastfeeding, holistic circumcising, extended rear facing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, baby wearing, selectively vaccinating, Obama supporting, full time working, happily married, Texas momma!
AmandaBBW
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM

my oldest had hers until she was 3 months old then she spit it out and wanted nothing to do with it. i didn't have a problem taking them away from either of my kids. so im on the pro side of this debate lol

mom12005
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM

My son wouldnt take one either. I didnt force it. I have always heard its better for their teeth not to have the pacy and to be off the bottle by age 1.

momwall
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM

HERE IS CUTE LITTLE JOKE

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I wouldn't force it.

I didn't really want to give my son one, but the nurse put it in his mouth before I realized. Then, I just figured he's enjoying it so let him have it!

prestonjohn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:45 AM

my son never had a pacifier he wouldnt take one,,so dont knock it,,its a good thing,,my son does have a llama that he sleeps with and its his security item

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)