Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crushed car

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM
  • 7 Replies

Okay this may soud crazy to some people who dont live around mountains.. But Thurs before i had to go to work i went to pay some bills.. well not even a mile above my moms house a boulder came off the mountain an crushed my car, its totalled, they'll be here monday to pick it up.. my health insurace only covers 500.. an of course about 30 xrays an the Er visit is more than 500 bucks so im stuck with a hospoital bill.. everyone that knows about my wreck has ask if i contacted the Department of Highway cause its their job to keep an eye on stuff like that.. well since its no way my fault that happend.. im calling them monday.. does anyone know if they have to pay my hospital bill an maybe heslp with a new car? since its their fault why should i have to go in debt  for a new car, my car was almost paid off 4 more payments. i could cry thinking that..so if anyone knows anything about this can you please let me now... an btw everyones fine, i thank god everyday my son wasn't with me cause he would prob been hurt badly or killed..

-Manda Mommy To 2yr Old Keegan Monster- Girlfriend To Luke - Full Time Student - & - Worker-

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AllforColin
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Wow! Thank god you are ok and that your son wasn't in the car! I would def follow thru and call them on Monday! Document with pics like you are doing....I am not sure how that department works so good luck!

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I don't think they'll pay because what happened is considered an "act of nature".

KaseyHickman
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I dont know hun Im sorry but I am glad that you are ok and that no one was hurt. Ill give you bump!

Tarable525
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM

the hospital should have finanical aid, you just need to find out who to talk to.  usually if you explain your money situation to them, they can help you out big time. 

did you not have full coverage insurance on your car?  in KY we have to keep full coverage if there's any kind of a lien out on a vehicle.

lauriebash
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Stuff like that happens on our expressways. I have often wondered how nobody has ever been killed! Thank goodness that you're alright! I would contact ANYBODY that could be possibly liable! It certainly wouldn't hurt. Do you know an attorney?

keegansmom1025
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:15 AM

my uncle works for our county judge..so if needed i'll get his help..

an to the above poster about insurace yea my car has full coverage, their paying it off an me whats its worth.. but where i have medicad my car insurace wont pay for it..but medicad insurace only pays 500 or less.. they claim i make to much.. pssht they dumb lol

Quoting lauriebash:

Stuff like that happens on our expressways. I have often wondered how nobody has ever been killed! Thank goodness that you're alright! I would contact ANYBODY that could be possibly liable! It certainly wouldn't hurt. Do you know an attorney?

lauriebash
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Just checked with hubby, he said your car insurance is to take care of anything, including hospital bills, then THEY go after who is responsible.

It gets tricky! Here in PA, we have "Edgar Snyder" an attorney that advertises on TV all the time! He also said you may need an atheist lawyer in case they pull the "act of God" line!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)