• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tummy sleepers

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Does your LO sleep on his/her tummy?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes/Either way

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

***This is not a debate. Do not bash anyone or your reply will be deleted.***

Does anyone else let their baby sleep on their tummy? Since he was about 2.5 months, my son would not sleep for more then 2 hrs on his back. When my mom suggested tummy sleeping, I was appalled. I thought he would sufocate. Then he was having tummy time one day and fell asleep on his play mat. Slept soundly for 4 hrs!! From then on, he has slept on his tummy, and will not sleep on his back. He sleeps on his side sometimes, if I rock him to sleep on his side. He will fall asleep in the car seat on his back, but once he is out of there, he will wake up if you lay him anywhere on his back.

DS is now 6 months, and wakes up if he rolls to his back in his sleep.

Anyone else?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM

First off, your son is exactly 1 yr younger than my boys :) They were born July 25, 2007. And my birthday is July 24, 1984. :)

My boys have always flipped around. They prefer their tummy's, but will sleep either way.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker                   

lostmarbles0520
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Aww! That's a good day! =) And what a birthday gift!!!!

Quoting MommaBunch84:

First off, your son is exactly 1 yr younger than my boys :) They were born July 25, 2007. And my birthday is July 24, 1984. :)

My boys have always flipped around. They prefer their tummy's, but will sleep either way.

lex126
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM

My dd is the same way.  She wouldn't sleep on her back either and one day when she was 2 weeks old my MIL layed her down for her nap on her tummy next to her and she slept for 4 hours!  I had a really hard time resigning myself to let her sleep on her tummy.  I've had her sleep next to me in her bed ever since. :)  I was terified that something may happen to her.  Now she is almost 7 months and rolls to her back sometimes in her sleep and does just fine.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM

My son has been sleeping on his tummy since he was 2 months old. He will not sleep on his back. He's always had very good head movement, so I wasn't too worried (though I did and still do check on him often, but I would do that even if he was on his back).

Parents used to be told to put their babies to sleep on their belly anyway. It's constantly changing. Also, my son sleeps with a binky, which I've read can possibly help prevent SIDS.

MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Yeah I kept saying all day on my birthday, that I hoped that I didn't go into labor because they already have to share their birthday. I didn't want them to have to share it with me too. My water broke at exactly 1:05am on July 25. So I barely made it lol.

Quoting lostmarbles0520:

Aww! That's a good day! =) And what a birthday gift!!!!

Quoting MommaBunch84:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker                   

Tarable525
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM

my DD always prefered her belly over her back.  sometimes for her nap i'd put her where i could keep an eye on her and let her sleep on her tummy before she started rolling over.  when she started rolling over on her own (2 months) i just started laying her on her tummy when i laid her down.  if i tried to put her on her back she'd wake up and i got tired of the "rock to sleep only to have her wake up when i laid her down" cycle.  the only time she ever sleeps on her back is when she falls asleep in the car seat/

WilliamsMama08
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:17 AM

My little man  is 3 months old and has been sleeping on his tummy since he came home from the hospital... he just won't sleept any other way...  Like a pp said, he also wakes if he rolls onto his back.

lostmarbles0520
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Glad to know I'm not alone! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)