Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you spending your tax return?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM
  • 47 Replies

My hubby wants to get a big screen TV, but I want to save as much as I can because I want to get pregnant this year with baby #2.  I'll probably have to go back on fertility meds to help.  So I was like do you want a TV or a Baby?  I told him we have to wait and see how much we get back, pay off our credit card, see how much is left and then decide, but I know he is going to do all he can to try to convince me to get one.  It's driving me crazy!  Aaaah!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilysmom31
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM

We will put it in our account to use towards bills to allow me to be a sahm a little bit longer.

SexyTeacher1971
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM

SO will get one but I will not. We will be using most of it to move.

Janis198
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM

We are using ours to pay off alot of bills. No fun stuff here this year.

Janis mommy to 5 great kidshaving chocolate

mommyofblueyes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM

My husband is getting a old, cheap car just to drive to work, and I am spending a couple hundred on summer clothes for DS and I.  The rest will be staying in our account.

maybaby08
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM

we're going to buy half a cow from a local butcher for our chest freezer in the garage, pay off our bed, fridge, and wedding expenses. We'll have a few grand left, that'll probably just go be split between our son and our savings accounts.

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM

we're going to use ours to pay off both of our cars. we're moving in march and it would be such a hassle to have to keep sending checks from oklahoma to minnesota every month

Daisypath Vacation Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

mommy21beauty
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM

We actually will not be spending out tax return. Because my husband got laid off and recieved a severance package, we are ending up oweing somewhere arond $900...so we will be paying the government.

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:19 AM

We're buying a car with ours. I sure hope his W-2 comes soon because we could really use a new car now, ours is falling apart!

MommaBunch84
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:20 AM

My hubby wants a 37in flat screen tv. And I plan on redoing our boys' room. Thats all I have planned for it so far, and that isn't even $1000.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker                   

PolandMomof3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM

We are going to pay off a few small things but then put the money in the bank to save, maybe later we can buy a half cow but right now our freezer is full of deer but I have to buy my brother and his girlfriend some baby things since they have ababy on the way due in april and not alot of money. I never had a girl and they are so i want to get them a few things. I will probably buy some summer clothes for my boys and then save the rest unless we get alot then hubby wants another gun (to add to his collection) and i want a fender stratocaster guitar with amp. then save the rest lol

I am a hippie SAHM,  tattoo having ,easy going, cigarette smoking, homeschooling,earth loving,pacifier giving,  mom and wife who doesnt care what anyone else thinks, I don't judge you so don't judge me kinda person

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)