Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They fired me last night

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM
  • 3 Replies

So to add onto my horrible week,  the job that I have worked for, for almost 2 years fired me last night. I was a host at Mercados they said I called in to much! I am not goin to say I didnt But when you have a child you cant promise anything. If I called in, i always had my shift covered  I never left them hanging.. I was the only host that was there the longest and I was good at my job, So i showed up to work yesterday and they fired me.. I kindof blew up and caused some damage.. Guy's I have been threw sooooooooo much this week, This was the icing on the cake for me and I lost it.. Now I dont know what to do.. I cant be at work till 6 at night, and not to many places will work with that. I am goin to all the 24hr places, like wal mart, wal greens , cvs and brookshiers that is open all night.. Any other thought's guys!!... This week could not get worse. Having a mental break down, then gettin fired, and losing a boy friend.. What a week... =(

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KaseyHickman
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM

I worked for wal mart and it was a pretty good job. They are great about working with hours! Im sorry you are habving a bad week.

prdmommyandwife
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I am sorry sweetie. Hope things start looking up for you. It sucks getting fired from a job. I was working at Target and I had to get heart surgery and needed fourth of july weekend off so i can have my surgery and that friday they fired me. There reason was... (your not a good component for this job).. yeah I was like whatever, my health comes first!!! Good luck momma

norbert
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Man you have had one hell of a week.  Try to keep in mind that all life situations are temporary and this too shall pass.  Don't let your current life situation rule how you live your actually life.   Try to stay calm and don't let yourself get into a panic, anything that comes out of desperate/negative energy will not be good. When you start to feel overwhelmed just stop, take three deep breaths and think to yourself okay right now a lot of stuff sucks in my life, is there anything that I can do right now at this moment??? If  there is do it i.e... go out and get a paper, make some phone calls etc.. if not then just stop for a sec and let yourself be.  The more we resist something that is out of our control the longer it will persist.  Often when our head/thinking is full or obsessed with a problem there is no room for a solution to come forward.  Things are only a problem as long as we make them a problem. Try to stop thinking of a solution and give yourself a break, take a bath, breath and try as hard as you can to not think about what is going on for a little while. Accept that your life situation sucks right now and instead of fighting it just let it be, if you need to be sad be sad if you need to be angry be angry say to yourself I am so frustrated right now and just let it be. You will notice a space will start to open up around your frustration and you will be able to think more clearly.   You will get through this.  You need to be strong for yourself and your little one. Yes it sucks that you got fired and yes it's going to be difficult to find work that will work with your schedule, but it's not impossible.  The hours that you can work are often the hardest for places to fill.    Hang in there mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)