Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teething question.

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 5 1/2 months old  and has been teething for a while. I give him tylenol to help but it seems like its not working as good anymore. I let him chew and use orajel but im at my wits end. He cries day and night unless he snugged in my arms and im moving his passy in his mouth so he can chew on it. He finally started letting me sleep 4-6 hours at a time and now im back to feeling like hes a newborn. Is there any other good suggestions?

Every child picks their parents befor angels deliver them to the world.

baby boy

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aecooper
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM

have you tried a swing?  I know my DD is also teething... she has 4 coming in and is 7 1/2 months.  She never really liked the swing when she was younger, but now she wants be snuggled and moving so I brought out the swing and she loves it.  She will sleep in it for a couple hours at a time during the day.  I also use my snugglie when she is awake.

melissa089
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM

my girls teethe bad. somedays are worse than others. i sometimes give them a warm washcloth and rub their gums and let them chew on it. also i give them teethers but mostly they chew on soft toys or their cloths and fingers.

Leylahnie
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:54 PM

They have these new hylands teething film strips that I heard work VERY WELL...I prefer hylands over hymphreys because they desolve so much quicker and they do work better...Also decaffinated chamoline tea works really well too...also works for colic and gassy babies...Moltrin seems to work better for my daughter and quicker than tylenol..

afrw2007
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Well like i said hes 5 1/2 months old but hes a big baby. hes not fat but hes about 24-25 pounds and 29 inchs long. he was big at birth 10lbs 4 oz and 21 1/2 in long. I have a swing for him but the motor died on it bc hes so big. I dont know what to do for him. most bouncer/swing toys say max weight 20-25 pounds

Every child picks their parents befor angels deliver them to the world.

baby boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)