Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions and a vent ( cussing included) PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

okay so my question first: do you or anyone yo know have a boy and a girl who share the same room ( they have to be younger than teenagers)??? i know a chick who lives in texas ( she dated my brother and we are still friends) who up until now let her boy/girl share the same room but since her daughter ( she's the oldest) hit her teens, they moved into a 3-bedrrom apartment. personally i see nothing wrong with it as long as they don't touch much less lok at each others private areas.

i have yet another question: does a grandparent have a right to tell you how to raise your kids or what to doin your home??? i ask this because it also goes to the question i aske before this. my mil has it in her head that what she says goes when it comes to our kids and our home. she tells me this all the time and it pisses me off to no end and hubby has told her to shut up alot of times because she is sticking her nose where it doesn't belong. she told us since before we found out that our youngest was a girl that we needed to separate the bedroom so they can have their own room ( we live in a 2 bedroom, one bathroom trailer in a trailer park and yes we own our own trailer). if we have done that then there would be no room to play much less any room to stand in front of the closet to look at clothes so we told her that we was not going to do it. she gets mad everytime we tell her no and right now the kids are not playing or looking at each other's private areas ( they did once look at each other's areas but we told them that that was a no-no so they never did again). besides my son just turned 4 and my daughter will be 3 in may so they are still pretty young.

we could add another bedroom but where the trailers in the trailer park are so close together, we can't do that. we are saving up money to move into another trailer on a piece of land in the next few years and my mil is trying to make me think negative about it which pissesme off yet again. so yesterday when she called ( we have been moving things around in the trailer), she has yet again said that we needed to put up a wall in their room and said that we won't be moving in a few years ( she's mad because we won't be less than three minutes away like we are now) so i finally had it and told her to stop trying to run our lives and stop telling us how to raise our kids or what we need to do in our own home. she then tried to play the guilt card with me and it didn't work.

so please answer my questions if you can.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MELISSA0318
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I personally see nothing wrong with it my kids have their own rooms but  they want to sleep in the same room because they are scared to be alone right now . So we put their beds in one room together and the other is a play room my son is 6 and my daughter is 4 so there is not  much age difference.like you said as long as they dont look at each other i think its fine!

MomTo2BabesTX
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:38 PM

My kids shared a room ( boy/girl) from the time my DS was born ( DD was 2) till my DS was 9 months old ( DD was 3). I didn't have a problem with it, because the first 3 months, my DS slept in the room with us, and then he was only in there to sleep, because DD would play and spend all her day time in there. Now they have seperate rooms.

There is however laws in some states that do not allow siblings of the opposite sex to share a room, and if they do there has to be some sort of a divider. Some states say age 6, and some say 5, you'd have to look into that, if your state qualifies and what is the ages. You could always buy a bookcase that is pretty tall to seperate the rooms.

As far as grandparents having a right. They don't, unless a judge has granted them grandparent rights. Which is a sort of custody hearing. They have no right to tell you how to raise your kids.. they can offer suggestions, and advice, but they don't have a final word. I would say thank you for the advice, but we're going to be doing this. Etc.

You might need to have one child dress and undress in your room and the other in their room. You can also always hang a curtain between their sides of the room. If they are paying attention to privates already, then it will only get worse the older they get. So maybe starting to seperate them now isn't a bad thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)