Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a little concerned

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you be concerned?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

my step daughter just informed me that she is going to marry her dolly. and she sleeps with naked barbies in her bed all the time. Now under different circumstances I wouldn't worry about it, but her biological mom, whom she spends most of her time with is a lesbian, and lives with another woman. and it kind of concerns me that they are possibly teaching her that its the right way to act. Now don't get me wrong I have nothing against lesbians, or even lesbian parents, but it just seems wrong to me for her to be learning some of the things she is picking up over that at the age of 3.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Aamy
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Sorry i dont see the issue ??? I mean she see's it, its part of her life. I know lots of little girls say they are going to marry their Daddy .... Just tell her she can marry who ever she wants to.  She is 3 ....... she is going to pick up on things and her mom having a woman partner ...... Of course she will say things. Would you find it so odd if she said she wanted to marry her Father ?

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive. ~Author Unknown

If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting? ~Author Unknown

5ontherock
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:55 PM

she may have questions and be curious as to the diffrence in her mothers relationship. but just like little girls want to marry thier daddies and they have barbie run off with GI joe...she doesnt have that side of it.

perhaps you could GENTLY ask questions about why her barbies are in bed. what does it mean when thye sleep in the bed.

but dont make a big deal out of it. if you dont then it wont be.

jamie~ wife to Greg ,mom to jonathan 14, Ethan 3.5 and Rhiannon 2.

Medical Scientist on the night shift~
vangel34
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I voted no, she is 3, it will be a while before she is even interested in that kind of relationship with anyone.  What's wrong with her knowing that it's okay to love someone regardless of their sex?

KMcCammon
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I wouldn't really be too concerned. Kids, especially that age to get a lot from other people but that doesn't mean that she has any intrest in girls or anything like that. And I and telling you from experience being gay is not usually a learned thing it's more something that you've always known and may not have tried to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm happily married to a man and we have our 3rd child on the way...I'm not gay I was just saying. At her age I would be more concerned w/ he likeing or wanting to married her boy dolls then the girls...lol. That may give you a feeling that she see's things that she shouldn't or that she may have feelings that she is waaaay too young to have! I really wouldn't be too concerned but I also wouldn't let her sleep or play w/ naked dolls regaurdless of what sex they are. Good luck.

rosa3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Would you be concerned if you were the lesbian and your daughter said I want to marry my ken doll and I sleep with my boy dolls every night.

I think it only becomes a big deal when "WE" make it a big deal.
You said she is 3 well I do not think you need to worry about it right now, she see the world in a much different way then we do. And She sees you and her dad together and she sees her mom and another lady together, to her this is all normal to her. She will make her own choice of what she wants in life many years from now, I see no reason to worry about it right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)