Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Advice Post-Baby!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is 3.5 months old, and just in the last couple of weeks my hair has been falling out like crazy. I mean like a LOT of hair. I've always been one to "shed" quite a bit, but this is just ridiculous. Every day when I take a shower, before getting out I have to pick up my hair out of the shower, otherwise the excess water won't drain. Sometimes I'll run my hand through my hair, and SEVERAL strands will come out at once all clumped together, like little chunks of hair. I've heard of people losing hair after pregnancy, but I always thought most people did right after delivery, not 3 months after delivery.

Any Advice??

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HopeMamma
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Keep taking your prenatal vitamins this will help make sure you are eating well while breastfeeding. This is normal I lost a lot of hair for a long time after having baby. You grow a lot of during pregnancy and you loose a lot after.

mykidsaremyall
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:40 PM

if you breastfed or dried up it could take longer for hormones to change. id say after 6 months pp then be worried, because, unless breastfeeding, hormones should even out a bit. also, the stress of a new baby (hormones or not, breastfeeding or not) could make your hair fall out. make sure you have you time sometimes and that you are eating right and getting enough sleep. i know all of that is hard to do with a new little one, but when mom isnt feeling well, the entire family suffers!

TinaNichole
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I've never thought of it like that, that makes total sense!

Quoting HopeMamma:

Keep taking your prenatal vitamins this will help make sure you are eating well while breastfeeding. This is normal I lost a lot of hair for a long time after having baby. You grow a lot of during pregnancy and you loose a lot after.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
bama_mama07
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:41 PM

don't worry, I had it happen to. I thought something was wrong it's just your body trying to catch up since you didn' t lose hair during your pregnancy. It will get to the point it will be like before you got pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)