• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Radian car seats?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

Just curious if any one has used any of the Radian car seats with an infant? We are looking at getting 2 of the Radian 80 car seats for our boys so that we can manage to fit 3 car seats across the back seat without having to trade in my car. I was doing some more research on the Radian seats because even with 2 Radian seats and an infant carrier it will be a tight fit. Well, the Radian 80 goes from 5-80lbs...its a rear to forward facing car seat with a 5-point harness. I was just wondering if anyone has used one for an infant because this is what we are considering at the moment so we will just have 3 Radian car seats instead of trying to squeeze in 2 Radian and an Infant carrier. Any thoughts on this car seat are welcome but do not start arguing over car seats please. I am just looking for honest opinions on the Radian car seats so we can be informed before spending $200 per car seat. Thanks!

Here is the one I am looking at...they come in several color/pattern options but this is the only girly looking one they have....

Dee Dee
We're expecting baby #3!!!
Natalie Ann due May 17th 2009!

pregnancy week by week

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

http://www.babyzone.com/babynames/bnpoll.asp?pollid=130092

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillysmomma124
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:00 PM

i am sorry.. i never seen one of them... i am kind of in the same shoes that you are in.. i am having a little girl in may, and i already have a little girl, and my b/f has a little boy.. i drive a PT cruiser so i know that there will be no why that i can fit three car seats in the back of that thing.. so we thought about getting a new car (well we need one anyways)

well if you find out anything please keep me updated i might be into doing the same thing

3boyz1princess
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM

No I have never seen them...I am a firm believer of the Britax carseats...They are a little pricy at $298.00 each (we have 4 two in each car) mwell worth the money we spent on them and 5 pt harness to 65 lbs..

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

mcquistionmom2
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I have a Pontiac Vibe so I know how you feel! lol. From what I can tell these seats are great, they have good reviews online but I wanted input from other ladies to find out if there is anything being left out of the reviews or anything. My one concern is that these car seats can fold in half for traveling purposes so I am worried about their durability during an accident ya know? They seem good though.

If you want to check them out you can go to http://sunshinekidsbaby.com/zm_radian%20carseat%2080.asp

Quoting lillysmomma124:

i am sorry.. i never seen one of them... i am kind of in the same shoes that you are in.. i am having a little girl in may, and i already have a little girl, and my b/f has a little boy.. i drive a PT cruiser so i know that there will be no why that i can fit three car seats in the back of that thing.. so we thought about getting a new car (well we need one anyways)

well if you find out anything please keep me updated i might be into doing the same thing

Dee Dee

pregnancy week by week

hollinicole
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Check out a car seat safety group them girls are great and they are a few that have these car seats and could give you an idea.

mcquistionmom2
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Thanks for the tip! I will be sure to check one of those groups out...I didn't even think about checking to see if there were groups for car seats! lol.

Quoting hollinicole:

Check out a car seat safety group them girls are great and they are a few that have these car seats and could give you an idea.

Dee Dee

pregnancy week by week

charmgirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:36 PM

i agree about the britax..my little boy has one. but with britax-size is def. an issue. they are HUGE!

Quoting 3boyz1princess:

No I have never seen them...I am a firm believer of the Britax carseats...They are a little pricy at $298.00 each (we have 4 two in each car) mwell worth the money we spent on them and 5 pt harness to 65 lbs..

beckygeiger
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I have never seen those before, they look really cool for a toddler but I would be afraid to put a little baby in that even rear facing, they just look so big and dont look like they would recline much. I had my daughter RF in a Graco comfort sport when she was 10 mos and her head always flopped forward, I would be worried about that with those seats. I gotta say I LOVE my Toyota Sienna

~Becky Geiger~ 

Alyssa Morgan 6-13-06

mcquistionmom2
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:54 PM

We wouldn't mind upgrading to a van if necessary...we really like the newer Dodge and Chrysler vans or even the Honda Odyssey but financially it would be better for us to buy the car seats because my car has negative equity on it because its only a 2007.

Quoting beckygeiger:

I have never seen those before, they look really cool for a toddler but I would be afraid to put a little baby in that even rear facing, they just look so big and dont look like they would recline much. I had my daughter RF in a Graco comfort sport when she was 10 mos and her head always flopped forward, I would be worried about that with those seats. I gotta say I LOVE my Toyota Sienna

Dee Dee

pregnancy week by week

Dimples04
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:56 PM

THere is a carseat group on Cafe mom with car seat techs that can tell you everything to know about a car seat.  here is the link

http://www.cafemom.com/group/5739

mamalinzie
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:02 PM

My sister has 2 65's and 1 80. They are both basically the same seat as far as shell height and harness height goes. Both tend to fit newborns rather well. Both tend to have install problems.

Why does my toddler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)