Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No formula and No milk????

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter turned 1, so I started adding 1 oz of whole milk to her formula to slowly get her used to it. I put 1 oz of milk in a full 9 oz bottle but it seems to be backfiring!!! Now she wont take the formula OR the milk!!! What do I do????

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jillian
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM
ZoesMom07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM

She will be fine! She does not need the milk itself, just the Vit D and calcium. My daughter just now started drinking milk finally. You can try soy milk. Or give her eggs, cheeses, yogurt, and green veggies.

I Breastfed my daughter for 1 year, 2 weeks, and 4 days

lillysmomma124
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:10 PM

my little girl did the same, but it was good for me b/c that's how i got her to stop taking the bottle. i started giving her like strawberry milk in a sippy cup. she took right to it..

Quoting monseymom:

My daughter turned 1, so I started adding 1 oz of whole milk to her formula to slowly get her used to it. I put 1 oz of milk in a full 9 oz bottle but it seems to be backfiring!!! Now she wont take the formula OR the milk!!! What do I do????

devin814
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I finally got DS to take milk by warming it up. Make it room temperature like the formula. As soon as I did that he wouldnt take formula anymore.

monseymom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Oh, that is such a great idea!!! She eats plenty of cheese, so I guess I'll go dig out my sippies and give it a shot. Thanks!

Quoting lillysmomma124:

my little girl did the same, but it was good for me b/c that's how i got her to stop taking the bottle. i started giving her like strawberry milk in a sippy cup. she took right to it..

Quoting monseymom:

monseymom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM

She usually has yogurt or cottage cheese 3-4 times a week for lunch. So I guess she will be fine. Hmm, maybe I should try the flavored soy stuff.

Quoting ZoesMom07:

She will be fine! She does not need the milk itself, just the Vit D and calcium. My daughter just now started drinking milk finally. You can try soy milk. Or give her eggs, cheeses, yogurt, and green veggies.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Keep introducing it. It takes a while when giving new foods. Then one day will just take it and drink it. Persistence.

ZoesMom07
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM

yeah her pedi said she wont be malnourished or anything! zoe gets the vanilla soy milk, or sometimes cow milk (whatever i happen to buy, been trying everything!) and i will put a teeny tiny bit of ovaltine in it. i even had bought pedia sure too, yuck.

one trick i did find was i would make a simple smoothie for her in the food proccessor, thru in some fruit, yogurt, and milk, and voila!

Quoting monseymom:

She usually has yogurt or cottage cheese 3-4 times a week for lunch. So I guess she will be fine. Hmm, maybe I should try the flavored soy stuff.

Quoting ZoesMom07:

I Breastfed my daughter for 1 year, 2 weeks, and 4 days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)