Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old with fever, help please *2nd Update*

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 2 year old son had a fever of 99.8 about an hour ago so I gave him some Tylenol and I just took his temp again and it's 100.1. What else can I do for him? I think his molars are coming in bc he keeps chewing on his fingers but the Tylenol hasn't brought his fever down at all.

Well, his temp shot up to102.7 last night so I gave him Motrin and it took the fever down and he hasn't had a fever since. I don't know what caused the fever but he seems to be ok today. He slept from 7:30pm-8:30am so he got tons of rest.

OK, took son to the doctor on Tuesday and he has tonsillitis with a touch of bronchitis so he is on amoxicillin 3 times a day and Tylenol/Motrin for fever. He is doing a little better today, he is eating and playing more but still fussy and tired. He is taking a nap atm. Hope he feels better soon

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:50 PM

To high of temp for teeth. You can switch out Tylenol and then Ibuprofen every 4 hours or so. Try popsicles, it was a good way to lower temp for my dd's. Can put an ice pack, but the popsicles work eaisier. High temp is 104 in a child that age. Dress in light cotton clothing so the heat can get off them.

hazeleyes146
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM

you can use motrin every6-8 hours and alternate the tynenol every four hours that should help

amybuddy45
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I agree with the other 2 moms.  Alternate between Tylenol and Ibruprofen every 4-6 hours. I always did this for my kids and the Ibruprofen is what really helped but you can't give them too much of it so that is why you alternate.  Popsicles are great too!  Fluids is key!!  Good luck!

Baby #3
pregnancy due date    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)