• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smoked Sausage help

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have cheddar smoked sausage that I'm making for dinner, but I'm tired of the same old sides with it....I haven't been to the grocery yet so I really don't have a lot

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mo.Mom41
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Hum.. Not sure what your usual sides with this are? When I make smoked sausage, I usually have sauerkraut, sweet corn or corn on the cob, either mashed or fried potatoes.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I've never used the cheddar one in this, but I make like a soup/stew dish with potatos and green beans. It really flavors the green beans well. The longer it cooks the better tasting.

bratmom3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM

fried potatoes and onions! yummmm

3timesoccermom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Never made it with that kind of sausage but my family LOVES the sausage sliced up and fried with cubed potatoes.  You don't need to add any fat because there's plenty in the sausage.

Goes well with cabbage - sometimes I even do the cabbage in the same pot.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Smoked sausage is one of the foods that makes everything taste better. The fried thing would probably be better because it does have cheese in it.

Quoting 3timesoccermom:

Never made it with that kind of sausage but my family LOVES the sausage sliced up and fried with cubed potatoes.  You don't need to add any fat because there's plenty in the sausage.

Goes well with cabbage - sometimes I even do the cabbage in the same pot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)