Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long did it take you to concieve??

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

how long did it take for you to concieve your little ones? i am currently hoping for a fall or winter baby this time since i already have a summer. any pointers on how to speed up the process? it took me 9 months to get pregnant with my first and am hoping for it to happen quicker this time around.

Mommy to Nolan, Wife to Mattin lovetoddler boy

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gizzy22
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:58 PM
with my daughter(i was NOT trying) it took about 2 months.. Then with this baby(i wasnt trying with this one either, i was on BC with both pregnancies) it took me like the 3rd or 4th time having sex... neither were planned and like i said i was on Birth control with both pregnancies, 2 different kinds of BC at that too.

Photobucket
SweetpeaAK
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM

It took me and my dh about 3 months to conceive our first. Lol, I had been raised in such a way that I thought "you let him touch you, you'll get pregnant!", so I was really worried that it didn't happen the first month we were married :P Like maybe I was defective or something.

Just make sure that your body is as rested and healthy as possible and don't forget to take vitamin suppliments as soon as you start trying!

alliesmom112
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM

We were very blessed with ours. My first one was a surprise , we weren't trying and I was on bc. My second we had just talked starting to try the following month and I was preggo.

ariannas-mommy

well we were trying with my daughter and i got pregnant right away, i mean like the first 5 days we tried, and then with this pregnancy it took like 3 months, we wernt really trying with this one but we knew it could happen and were happy when we found out!!

prdmommyandwife

Two months with my son. We got pregnant with our second within 2 weeks of getting the IUD removed be we lost it.. we re trying again..

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:05 PM

The first time we conceived we were not trying.  this go round we have been trying for 6 months give or take and i am still not pregnant. Which is breaking my heart i want another baby so badly

Mikeysmom1001
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM

It took us a little over 2 yrs to conceive. We're TTC #2 now no luck yet and we've been trying since September! Good luck to you!!

baby dustBaby dust for you!

mysteriousmom06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:10 PM

It only took me a month to concieve with our youngest son. I don't have any advice other than to just let it happen and not stress too much on it. Good Luck!!!

sassenach.
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM

It took us 4 months....I just took my temperature every morning and when it was higher than normal I would make sure to have sex.. But it was more for telling me if I was pregnant earlier since the temp. tends to stay up if you do conceive...

3teensinmyhouse
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM

About 3 months with our first. 

One unprotected night with the second, but i miscarried that one. 

One year, and surgery to cauterize endometrioses, for my second daughter. 

3 days with our last one.

baby giftA baby is a gift from God to be cherished and protected.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)