• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think shes ready!!!!!! UPDATE!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

so, i went to change her diaper and noticed her being a lil red, decided to leave off her diaper and let her air dry.

so, i went to the bathroom and she followed me in....i went pee...and so did she ( on the floor though)  so i grabed tp to dry her off and she took it from me and bent over to look at herself and started wiping herself down!     so  i think this means she is ready to learn how to use a potty?   

so, how do u guys know if ur child is ready or not?  does it sound like i should start trying with her?  she is 15 months....

SHE WENT POTTY IN HER CHAIR TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ITS A GOOD START.......

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vangel34
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Congratulations!  It's not really about age, more about when they're ready for it.

StaceysMom4706
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM

we're working on potty training too... dd has the same potty chair!!!

its more about when they show signs that they are ready rather than their age...

good luck!!!!

Alexandria

pregnancy due date

Gender Prediction
Get your own gender prediction!

prestonjohn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I think she is to young a child needs to learn how to hold it and that young they just don't know how yet. they may imitate you ate this age but it also may scare them later and actually delay the whole process. mentally i think they are just figuring the urge to go and they feel it,,my son knows when he is gonna pee, because when i let him run around naked  he will stop doing something and look at himself then pee,,so he knows its gonna happen but is far from ready to put 2 and 2 together to go to the potty

his_babygirl
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Congrats!

It really is not about age, my son has been shoeing intrest since he was 11 months old, and he has gone on the potty, but it was not till this past Friday January 16 (He turned two on the 6th), that he decided that he wanted nothing to do with the dipper unless he is in bed.  So just a heads up she may regress and not want to potty fully yet.  It has taken him a little over a year for him to want to go potty like a big boy. 

madsky
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:28 PM

how old is she ? my 6 year old was potty trained at 16 months but not at night

stacey.gif madsky picture by CarieG_SignatureShowcase
coolestmomeva
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Quoting madsky:

how old is she ? my 6 year old was potty trained at 16 months but not at night

15 months old on the 27th

coolestmomeva
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Quoting prestonjohn:

I think she is to young a child needs to learn how to hold it and that young they just don't know how yet. they may imitate you ate this age but it also may scare them later and actually delay the whole process. mentally i think they are just figuring the urge to go and they feel it,,my son knows when he is gonna pee, because when i let him run around naked  he will stop doing something and look at himself then pee,,so he knows its gonna happen but is far from ready to put 2 and 2 together to go to the potty

no need to ruin my happiness....i know she is probley too young....and im not pushing her into it...and i dont expect much....but she did go in it...and im proud of that...

MrsJenL
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM

You Go Momma! Congrats! It ok if she's younger.... that a great sign! =) She's doing it all by her self!

way to go

~*Soon to be Mommy of Nicholas David*~pregnant belly

hazeleyes146
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:54 PM

mine is 20 months and just starting to get it sometimes there may be times when she will others not be patient with her dont push it on her or she will lose interest all together /

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)