Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Booster Seats/ Carseats

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM
  • 21 Replies

My daughter is too big for her her convertible carseat..the harness is stretched to max. capacity and I know she is uncomfortable. She is 2 almost 3. She is about 38lbs right now and I was to say about 36-40inches tall..I know its more then 36 cuz she was that a few months ago. I am looking to buy her a bigger seat and I can't spend more then 100 bucks. I am living off unemployment right now so funds are tight but she needs to be comfortable and safe. I will most likely purchase from walmart (its closest and cheapest). But if I can get a better product somewhere else I'd rather do that. Any suggestions? Don't tell me about ERFing because she is outgrown her convertible seat completely so I know she is big enough to FF!

Her current seat is the cosco scenera 5-point convertible carseat

Any suggestions..my girl has always been bigger then average..she grows fast too.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JGRIMMER
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I got one by Evenflo and Graco is also good.  Check Walmart.com, they might have more variety than the store near you.

Dimples04
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Here is a link to a cafe mom car seat group.  There are techs there trained to install and give info about car seats.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/5739

How old is your dd, and what is your price range and I will try to help you find a seat also. 

mommyofblueyes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Don't worry, nobody is going to talk to you about ERF....she is too big, LOL.  Anyways,  the only car seat I can recommend to you that is close (a little over) to your price range is the Graco Nautilus.  It will harness her to 65 lbs, and then high back booster after that.  I would really recommend dishing out $40 extra for this seat!!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8112222

c_boerman
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:23 PM

HERE is a 3-in-1 Alpha Omega Elite car seat on SALE at Amazon for 99.98 which is a STEAL.  They usually run around 130-150.  It is only 9.99 for shipping so a total of 109.99!!!

c_boerman
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:24 PM

And you can save on shipping if you order online by having it shipped to the store.

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

Don't worry, nobody is going to talk to you about ERF....she is too big, LOL.  Anyways,  the only car seat I can recommend to you that is close (a little over) to your price range is the Graco Nautilus.  It will harness her to 65 lbs, and then high back booster after that.  I would really recommend dishing out $40 extra for this seat!!

ItzBeckers
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I bought my son a booster seat with the removable back and arms. less then 100 at walmart.

stacyemmy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM

I was looking at that one but I have a regular booster already  but since I'm expecting I might get it because I would be able to use it as a regular convertible for my new baby...thanx

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

I don't use the booster yet my future mother in law got it for me..since she thought she could use it already (which if she gains 2 pounds she can use it but I don't feel safe)

mommyofblueyes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Oh,no no...LOL.  This seat is not a convertible seat.  It is Forward facing only, LOL! 

Quoting stacyemmy:

I was looking at that one but I have a regular booster already but since I'm expecting I might get it because I would be able to use it as a regular convertible for my new baby...thanx

Quoting mommyofblueyes:

mommyofblueyes
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I meant to ask...how long have you had the scenera?  If it is not expired when you have your baby, you can use the scenera for the baby, and keep your DD in the nautilus.   I have heard that the scenera fits newborns pretty well. 

Krysta622
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM

If you can swing it, you can get the Graco Nautilus for $150.  It harnesses to 65lbs, then boosters to 100 lbs.  I know there are other seats that harness past 40 lbs, but most of them are pricey.  The evenflo triumph advance harnesses to I believe 50 lbs, but does not booster, and might be under $100.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)