Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling a bit loose down there =/

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

Sorry but had to put a funny title

Well i gave birth to a 9lb 5oz baby vaginally 6wks ago, yesss it was torture but so worth it for my son. whenever i cough or sneeze i feel like my whole intestines gonna fall out down there LOL maybe a little too much info but i wanted to know if its normal to still feel a bit sore down there.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

i felt that way for a couple months afterwards too. i think it's normal. if you're that worried you can always call your dr and ask

Daisypath Vacation Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mo.Mom41
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I wouldn't know hon, I had both of my kids c-section but here's a bump for ya!

afrw2007
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I wouldnt know my son was 10lbs 4 oz at birth but they did a c-section for his safety.

bump

Every child picks their parents befor angels deliver them to the world.

baby boy

ItzBeckers
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:38 PM

yes it is normal. you had a lot of pressure on those muscles. they are going to take some time to heal and regain their normal strength again. Until then wear urine pads.

Amybelle
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM

do Kegals...........just Squeeze (contract) the muscles like you're trying to stop mid-pee (lol). Hold it for a count of 10 or so, Do a bunch a cpl times a day it should help.

leylah2002
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM

Quoting afrw2007:

I wouldnt know my son was 10lbs 4 oz at birth but they did a c-section for his safety.

bump

ohhh myyy! that hurt me down there thinking of a baby that big lol! healthy baby =)

kyleesmommy0904
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:43 PM

yes it very normal!!! but it wont stay like that forever jsut give yourself time to heal girl!! and also do the kegals like last poster said.. that is an exercise designed to tighten those muscles back up down there :) go to slumber parties.com and look up the kagel balls.. they work awsome and are easy to use :) good luck

leylah2002
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM

ahh glad to know its normal then. Thanks mommas

hectictimes
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Quoting Amybelle:

do Kegals...........just Squeeze (contract) the muscles like you're trying to stop mid-pee (lol). Hold it for a count of 10 or so, Do a bunch a cpl times a day it should help.

this absolutly helps....everyone should do it anyway,, those muscles will be need for a long time so the stronger they are the bettter for YOU!!!

mommyetch
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM

My daughter was 9 lbs 1 oz so I can sympathize. I had her naturally....ouch! Things were a little sore for at least a couple of months with me. Kegels worked well though, but if it is really bothering you, check with your DR. Have you had your Post Baby Checkup yet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)