• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need family help ..advise !!!!UPDATE!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: So ,if i tell my sis that he is NOT allowed at the wedding she may not show so should i ...

Options:

Get another maid of honor

keep her spot and prey she shows

other...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

ok so heres the thing...Im getting married in March ! My sister is going to be my maid or honor well my fiance is mixed , his dad is blk and his mom is wht . So, a 4th of the ppl there will be blk , from his dads side ! My sister (18) is married to a big REDNECK ( who dont like blks) but he has sleep with a blk girl in th passed so ....

1) he ask who was walking my sis down the aisle cause he didnt want a blk dude walking her down

2) He said  that when they get remarried( him and my sis ) that he was going to let me and my honey be in there wedding but we where going to walk down the aisle together cause he didnt want his sis walking down with some tall blk man

3) all i hear is N***** ,N*****,N***** when im on the phone with my sis

4) then he said he was goin to bring a rebal flag to our  wedding !!!

I DO NOT WANT DRAMA AT MY WEDDING THAT IS OUR DAY!

what should i do , im at the point where im going to tell my sister not to bring him ...but i know her .. without him she will not be there .

everyday is something diff im sick of hearing it

PLS HELP

!!!!UPDATE!!!!!

OK, So my sis is not even going be at the  wedding at all and not cause of me !!!!

They live with his mom and they he dont have a job so his mom takes care of them and my sister acts like there is no way at alll that his mom will have that day off even tho she works at a damn liquer store but anyways ... its all BS ! So they are all just saying they have no way to get here even tho my whole family is coming too but i dunno its just stupid

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennifer16
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM

That is just horrible that someone can be like that and that your sis puts up with it

It is your day and you should not have to deal with that. I would sit your sis down tell her you really want her there but that her husband is not welcoming or anyone else who feels the same as him for that matter.  That you hope she can still keep because you need her by her side but that is just the way it has to be! Then enjoy your day and don't let ignorant people get you down and ruin it!

bratmom3
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM

wow, I guess if it were me, I'd ask her very politely not to bring him, and if she insists and says if he's not there then I'm not coming, well, so be it.  That is being selfish on her part. It is your wedding and it sounds like if he were to come there could potentially be ALOT of problems. 

worwalkerlds
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM
Tell him if he cant act like a responsible adult then he is not invited to you wedding. Plain and Simple.
treysmama06
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

OH I FORGOT TO ADD....HE SAID ONEDAY THAT IF SOME BLK GUY LOOKED AT HIS SISTERS BUTT THEN HE WAS GOING TO JUMP THEM

mybabygirl32406
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

ok, one choice tell them all to shut up or do not come! your day!

next if i was you go to court house have simple wedding and take off for nice honeymoon 10 years later maybe renew vows. what i did:) wedding did not make my marriage ... we did :) anyway good luck but if i was you i be saying see ya to family.. but i learned the hard way hope you don't go threw that!

My Heart, My Soul, My Life!  
prestonjohn
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM

well so be it then have neither there,,,when we got married my hubbys mom didnt come because we invited her soon to be ex and his girlfriend we are closer to him the her so i could care less,,if she couldnt come and be respectful of OUR day then she could not come at all, its not like they had to sit together..i would tell her if she couldnt come without him then not to come at all...this is YOUR new family and they deserve just as much respect

milmiracle
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:11 PM

this is going to prove to be an interesting wedding, post some pics and fill us in on this party.  i hope your day isn't ruined.

HeartofGold
by Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I would not let him come to the wedding. I wouldn't let him ruin it for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

treysmama06
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Quoting milmiracle:

this is going to prove to be an interesting wedding, post some pics and fill us in on this party.  i hope your day isn't ruined.

Im hoping its not going to be a "interesting wedding "

thehairnazi
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:13 PM

its no secret to you sister what kind of man she is married to...she knows how you feel about his actions/words, and if she can't be a part of your wedding without bringing Mr. Potential Disaster, perhaps you should pick another maid of honor. of course she will be hurt when you tell her this, but it might put a fire under her butt to either make him behave, or come without him. there's no reason she can't be in the wedding, and  he not be there. he's obviously a trouble maker, and doesn't share your joy.

congratulations on your wedding!!..and forget about your BIL...you don't want him there, really.

what you do at his/your sis's wedding is up to you. i bet you and your new hub can take the high road, and still be a part of their wedding...some would probably tell you to forget about participating  in it, but if you guys agree that you want to be there/participate, then you both can be a show of what real unconditional love is..no matter how your sis is walked down the aisle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)