Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated!!! With my husbands......

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

My husband works in the oilfield. He fixes the rigs when they break. Tonight and tomorrow he is 1st on call. Which I think is total bs. Cause he doesn't get to come home and sleep if he gets called out. He has to work his regular shift. Then I was just informed that he might be called in on his days off. He works 8 days straight and then 3 off. To top it off they screw them on over time. Like he gets paid 2dollars in some change. I am so frustrated right now. The 8 days he is at work he comes home, eats, showers and bed. I have to make sure kitchen is cleaned ,kids are bathed and in bed asleep. We never go to bed together. We never get to sleep in together. All the little things are slowly disappering from our marriage.I have been telling him for over a month that I am missing the little things and that I am not happy anymore. Now I am lossing the 3 precious days I get with him.   When and if he gets called in on his days off it takes away from our 72 hours with him. Our family time. But what am I suppose to do. I am lost and unhappy. Im tired of being lonely. I am married to my soul mate. But for the last month I feel single due to his job.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I can understand how you feel.Imagine though if he lost that job how stressful your life would be.

Superheromommy4
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Yeah I know. I know there is nothing I can do. But if I say anything to him he tells me he doesn't want to hear me bitch. I just wish he would put his arms around me and hold me when I am upset about it. I really don't mean for it to come out bitching. I am just so upset!

Katenemsmom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:46 PM

You need to support him.  I am sure he hates it as much as you do, if not more.  Early in my marriage my husband worked for a company where he would have to travel a lot.  He would be gone 2 or 3 weeks and then home for a week. He still travels a lot but not nearly as much.  But the last thing he needed was to listen to me complaining when there was nothing he could do about it.  Its hard.  I know, but just keep telling yourself its temporary.  It won't be like this forever, but in this economy just be happy he is employed and encourage him to look for better opportunities.

ColtsFan1912
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I am so sorry you're going through this. My DF use to work night shift, he worked all night & slept all day. We had almost NO time together. It is hard!!!! ((((hugs))))

Mommy to Caleb Grant 11-16-07 My Sunshine

"Be careful little feet where you go, for it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow" -Casting Crowns

mommyof2_652
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:55 PM

im sorry you feel this way but at least he has a job..and im sure he doesn't want to work that much either...i would try to be happy when you see him so he feels good and that may change his attitude and maybe he will just hold you when you feel bad i notice when i have problem and my husband is in a great mood then he tries harder to help me sort things out and he will just hold me for a few minutes but if i put hes in a bad mood then hes like whatever we can deal with it later..

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Quoting Superheromommy4:

Yeah I know. I know there is nothing I can do. But if I say anything to him he tells me he doesn't want to hear me bitch. I just wish he would put his arms around me and hold me when I am upset about it. I really don't mean for it to come out bitching. I am just so upset!

How about you going over to him when he does get in from work and hugging him.Telling him what a great guy he is and that you love the fact he busts ass for his family.then just let the disappointing part go for a few days.Try to see the brightside .I KNOW its hard esp when the kids are little.I think you need to focus on the good casue at this point you cant change the bad aspect of it.

Would it be possible to take even a mini 3 day vacation ~~~ a couple weeks from now.He lets work know he is going to be away.You go check in a hotel with a pool and relax together even if it means bringing the kids.

little story bout similar situation.My brother is in the trades.He is either working overtime or laid Off. when he was working OT all the time his wife bitched he didnt spend time with her and the kids. When he got laid off she bitched there wasnt enough money and she hated that he sat around while she went to work.It was aNO win situation.that cost them a marraige.

littlemissyjen
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I understand how you feel. My SO works for the railroad and has gotten shafted by working extra hours. However, I am very grateful he has a job. There are times when he gets a couple days off, or even one. So I just take the good with the bad and be thankful. I have my own things to do. I'm in school 4 days a week and have my son and friends. So try and make the best of it sweetie. Be thankful for what you DO have :)

Photobucket
Dawndee1969
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Just be thankful that he even has a job.    Then you would be able to be frustrated and ALOT more stressed out

Dawndee

Scent Sations Independent Distributor
Enter our weekly drawing to win a free candle!!!
www.dawndee.scent-team.com     

dawndeegirl@hotmail.com

Check me out at myspace:
www.myspace.com/sillyredneckgirl

Superheromommy4
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:42 AM

yall are the best. Like tonight when he got home he said almost the same exact words to me as you all did. I tell him all the time I know he works his ass off and I know and I am thankful he has a good job that pays decent besides the overtime crap. But lately I just feel lonely. He's been at the same job for 8 months and the summer time is a lot worse more rigs. But I feel pushed away. I hug him and kiss him aLL the time and always tell him that I am thankful for the life he gives us. Maybe Im just pmsing or something hell I don't know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)