Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Formula Question

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

Payten is 2 weeks and 2 days old today, he is eating Enfamil Lactofree Lipil. Since bringing him home he seems the be very constipated and very gasy. I can give him pear juice to help with his bowel movements and that seems to help. He doesn't seem to be going poop very much and farts alot. I have seen this Enfamil Gentlelease formula and thought about trying it to see if it is the formula causing Payten problems. He goes to the doctor tomorrow. Anyone have any advice for me. First baby so I have no  clue....Thanks to all that help.... I appreciate it alot...

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
schmeisj1515
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I am not sure what kind of formula you use, but my son was on Enfamil Gentlease his whole first year. Never had a problem with spitting up or constipation or gas at all.  I would recommend trying that.    I had my son on similac advance at first and he was constipated.  About five minutes after he had a bottle of Gentlease he pooped and never had another problem.

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM

The docs always told me it is normal because their bowels are ajusting to outside world. Worry if poop is hard like rocks and if tummy feels really hard. My daughters had a hard time with formula and getting them to burb really good helped. You should get a big burb out with formula or the gas goes into the bowels. If belly feels hard after eating (like bloated) then baby may have another burb in their. Mine also had a hard time getting burbs out once I switched to formula. Try holding theor bottom and rock baby up and down on your shoulder. That worked better for be than patting the back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)