• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Little Tummies"...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

My daughter is about 2mo. She recently went 3 days without a single poop, and then all of a sudden she pooped about 4 times on the end of the third day. Now when she goes, she is straining like you wouildn't believe and even seems to be really uncomfortable. When she does finally get something out, it's extremely hard! I bought something called, "Little Tummies, Laxative Drops". It says  on the back that for children under 2, to ask a physician, but there are none available right now so I am going to all you mommies out there.

My question is, has any of you given this to your infant babies, or is it not good to give this to them if they are under 2?? If not, I will return it but I was out and thought I might as well pick it up just in case.

Thanks and any advice will help!! I hate seeing her strain so much and be uncomfortable. :(

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonflykiss44
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:55 PM

give her applejuice and water mixed...you would not believe how good applyjuice is at making them go and making it easier to go...i learned this the hard way with my first....haha

Trinity12.06.08
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Quoting dragonflykiss44:

give her applejuice and water mixed...you would not believe how good applyjuice is at making them go and making it easier to go...i learned this the hard way with my first....haha

How much applejuice and how much water should I mix together?

dragonflykiss44
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:58 PM

its been so long i dont know LOL...i'd start with 2oz water and 2 oz applejuice

whitbug
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 7:59 PM

the only thing you can give a baby under 2 other then fruit or juice is a glycerin suppository!!!!!!!!!

danismom0816
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Pear juice works best or I know it sounds gross but stimulate her butt.  Put diaper cream or anything like that on a thermometer and put it in and make circles with it.  This is the only things that have helped my DD.  I would also talk to the doctor and get her put on a laxative like enulose, which is what my dd is on.  Apple juice seemed to make my dd's belly hurt really bad and pear juice works better... water it down some though!  Good luck!

baby girl
Proud Mommy of Danica Elizabeth 

mybabygirl32406
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM

straight up apple juice till she goes. then mix with water. but get her Dr on phone if you can, they should call you back pretty fast, even if its night or weekends. with her so young she maybe impacted, so the straining too much is not good. my daughter has lots of constipation problems....  i know the little tummies is not a good idea with your daughter only being 2 months unless dr gives a dose amount. i will bump this for you again if no responds got to be someone with more help for ya .. my heart so knows your pain but my daughter became this way at almost 2 years old so i never had to many problems with it as baby. i know a few things but they may not be safe for 2 month old..

Quoting dragonflykiss44:

My Heart, My Soul, My Life!  
dragonflykiss44
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM

like i said in a pp. its been so long since i have had to use the apple juice method i cant remember. maybe the first time i did it it was pure applejuice...but i know it was only one small bottle of it and she crapped the whole day.

Quoting mybabygirl32406:

straight up apple juice till she goes. then mix with water. but get her Dr on phone if you can, they should call you back pretty fast, even if its night or weekends. with her so young she maybe impacted, so the straining too much is not good. my daughter has lots of constipation problems....  i know the little tummies is not a good idea with your daughter only being 2 months unless dr gives a dose amount. i will bump this for you again if no responds got to be someone with more help for ya .. my heart so knows your pain but my daughter became this way at almost 2 years old so i never had to many problems with it as baby. i know a few things but they may not be safe for 2 month old..

Quoting dragonflykiss44:

mybabygirl32406
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM

yup i thought so.. oh and apple juice does make my daughters tummy hurt.. pear juice may be better as mom said..

Quoting whitbug:

the only thing you can give a baby under 2 other then fruit or juice is a glycerin suppository!!!!!!!!!

mybabygirl32406
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM

lol nothing helps my daughter now not even apple juice straight.  i heard plume juice is really good but it did nothing for my daughter and omg prunes work but she hates them and the juices.. i so hope your daughter does not battle this.. oh i was told add one extra oz of water to her bottles with feeding that it helps with constipation. you can give her water in between feedings the more water the better on her bowl movements.. give juice early mornings so she relieves before evening time. try not to give juice after dinner feedings.. im so trying to think of things i did do when she got bad off..

Quoting dragonflykiss44:

like i said in a pp. its been so long since i have had to use the apple juice method i cant remember. maybe the first time i did it it was pure applejuice...but i know it was only one small bottle of it and she crapped the whole day.

Quoting mybabygirl32406:

Quoting dragonflykiss44:

mybabygirl32406
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:13 PM

oh and gas drops do help relieve some of the constipation gas pains so she can have that after every feeding to help some..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)