Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For cloth diapering mommys!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have been thinking that if I have another baby, I would like to cloth diaper. Please tell me why you do it and what are the benefits and pros and cons.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I was cloth diapered because of rashes I would get with other diapers. Some mothers may want to lesson the impact of garbage on the earth. I did not , but here's a bump.

FuzNet
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I cloth diaper because I couldn't imagine wrapping my newborn's tender skin in plastic and chemicals.  The added benefits are: Its cheaper than disposables, my child is suppose to potty train easier and earlier, I have service and opening the door to fresh clean diapers once a week rather than having to go to the store is great, no fighting about taking the dirties out requied (service again), finally diaper covers are fun and colorful!

Jess_9-22-08
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I CD to help the environment and so I won't have to buy diapers all the time. I also hope they'll help DS potty train earlier. However, I do use disposables when we're out and about and overnight. Many people use cloth all the time though. I use diaper service quality prefolds from Green Mountain Diapers and cheap Dappi wrap covers. I wash them myself with no problems. Check out the cloth diapering groups on here.

teacher312
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 8:44 AM

come to the cloth diaper group.  We can give you all the great benefits of cloth diapering plus so much advice!!!

Janis198
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:34 AM

It sure does save us money. I haven't needed to buy diapers for the last 5 years. Spent like $200+ in the beginning and have cloth diapered 2 babies with them.  They are really easy to use ounce you get the hang of it. 

There are many different kinds of diapers to choose from.

Janis mommy to 5 great kidshaving chocolate

amber910
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Quoting FuzNet:

I cloth diaper because I couldn't imagine wrapping my newborn's tender skin in plastic and chemicals.  The added benefits are: Its cheaper than disposables, my child is suppose to potty train easier and earlier, I have service and opening the door to fresh clean diapers once a week rather than having to go to the store is great, no fighting about taking the dirties out requied (service again), finally diaper covers are fun and colorful!

I couldn'g agree more. It is great not having to go to the store for diapers, they are droped off every week. And after you get used to putting the cloth ones on it is just as easy as disposables. I love my diaper service.

Janis198
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I would love to have a cloth diaper service around here that would be great. but I have to wash my own. 

Janis mommy to 5 great kidshaving chocolate

Jode4u
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:30 AM

I CD for 2 reason to cut down on cost and to keep rashes @ bay.  I only have 24 CD and use the old plastic pants (3 ea. size).  That means i use 6 a day and wash every 3-4days(I hang them to dry overnight in laundry room) but I save on 42 diapers/ wk. That's $40/mth in saving.  Plus I got my plastic pants from thrift stores and garage sales. My intial cost is what I save a month and this is my 2nd child. Can u say Ching Ching! Make your on baby food and wipes that saves a lot of money too. 

God Bless All

Jody

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)