Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Table foods?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is 7, almost 8, months old and I had a friend give me this thing for table foods. It looks like an oversized binky but except a nipple on it it as this mesh net thing, and you open it up and put the foods in there. Then they chew and suck on the net and the food gets smashed and comes out the tiny holes. LOL i hope i'm explaining this okay... anyways, I'm wondering is it okay to give her like a peice of real banana or soft veggies, like peas, at this age?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
pattimarie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I started small pieces of Table food around6-7 months.  Depends on your child.  Jani has been on 3rd's baby food for a while,  she loves table food.  But I didn't use one of those things your talking about,  I don't think It will hurt,  but at that time I wanted Jani to learn to chew.

Patti Marie
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:37 PM

That is why I liked it. You could stick a slice in it. With smaller things my dd got fustrated holding it and moving everytime she tried to get a bite.

kaitlynn08
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM

so you did have one of these things? i don't even know what they're called.

lacygurl2326
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:07 PM

i say yes.  i never used one of those cause my son took to table food without it. but i did buy one.  we used to give my niece all kinda stuff in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)