Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant after Depo

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:46 PM
  • 2 Replies

Did anyone who was on the depo shot have problems getting pregnant when they stopped taking it, and did you have any complications with it? What were your periods like and how often? It took me 9mths to get preg with my son when I was on bc and dont want to go back on that because it took so long after I stopped taking it..

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
amy2001
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:51 PM

i was on the depo shot in 2001-2002 and then found out in 2002 i was pregnant. i didn't have one for 3 mos after i had the shot and then 9 mos after that she was born and then i had one.

Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Well, we originally thought the depo had messed me up (still verywell may have) but after getting off it right before the wedding we found out just before our first anniversary that we were finally expecting.  Yeah, 357 days from when my last shot was due.  My cycles were out of this world.  I was bleeding more days than I wasn't but it was rarely heavy.  Well, I did have a couple of complications with the pregnancy but could in no way be linked to the depo.  Now, since having dd we tried micronor and that didn't work at all (at helping cycles).  So, I went back to depo.  Well, it isn't doing what it should (atleast what it did before getting off it to ttc for dd).  I am back to the short cycles with bleeding on and off for two weeks at a time.  Very frustrating.  They did a pelvic and trans/vag ultrasound and didn't find any fibroids or polyps so I'm just screwed up.  Good luck, the first time I was on depo it was heaven (no side effects, no cramping, no periods, no pms)!!!! 

1471640_1230664228_med-1.gif picture by jdavis2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)