Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For All of u with minivans

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:47 PM
  • 33 Replies

I am going to purchase my first minivan and I am currently looking at three and they are the honda oddysee, the toyota siennia, and the ford windstar.  Can u ladies please tell me which minivan u have and what u like and dislike about them.  Thanks ladies.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvetmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:48 PM

i have an '08 chrysler town and country and i absolutely LOVE IT!!!!  it's so amazing!!!!  i would seriously take a look at them if you can!

I am a U.S Army Combat Veteran of OIF

Manda0303
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:49 PM

I have a Kia Sedona. I love it. I like the high safety rating on it.

casey940
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM

i have a windstar and HATE it!! trading it in for i don't know what yet in a couple weeks

KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM

we've got an '02 ford windstar. we like it, it drives real nice and there's plenty of room for ds.

MissMelody85
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I wouldn't get a Windstar by any means.  Your best bets are Toyota, Honda, and Chysler...then Kia. Next Dodge.   I have an 06 Town and Country Touring with stow-n-go and I LOVE my van.  I am so spoiled with stow n go that I could never go back to a car, or even an suv.  I haul furniture and big boxes all the time in my van.  I love the automatic doors and everything. It's just a GREAT vehicle!

PS- Toyota, Honda, and Chrysler keep their value pretty good.  Oh, and Chevy vans depreciate FAST!

ShellyABean
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:52 PM

go with either the honda or toyota...they retain more value.

kyah94
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I have an Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere and love everything about it.  I couldn't imagine anything else other than a Chrysler Town and Country.  I had narrowed it down to those two when I bought mine.  I was able to get a better deal on my Silhouette and it will never rust like the others do.  I absolutely love, love. love it.

4LifeTupperware
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:58 PM

You will never get as much room in any of them as I have in my Astro, but they don't make them anymore.. .but we got ours used and it's GREAT.  We have 4 kids, and took a 8 days trip, and the baby at the time was only 4 months old so we had a ton of stuff, and we still had more than enough room for our MIL stuff cause she came too...

We looked at all the ones you said... they don't have enough room in them.. You can't pack much if you go for a trip, so we went with a used one as you can't get a new Astro any longer, ours is a 91

Melanie, Wife for 14 years and a Mom, to 13 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 11 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 11 months old, and Tupperware Consultant!   "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last." 

steph8914
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I only have 1 baby so I'm not in need of a mini van. But we did just get a new SUV which works out really well! I love it! It's so much easier than bending down to put Amira (my baby) in and out of the car.

MissMelody85
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I think the reason I have SO much space is because I only have two children, so I keep my 3rd row stowed down into the floor and use it for strollers/groceries/hauling things.  If I had to use my back row all the time, then no I wouldn't have an abundance of storage, but even then it's a split bench so you can still get more room out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)