Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poop Stains

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:05 PM
  • 12 Replies

How on earth do you get poop out of clothes?  My almost one year old hasn't really ever had a diaper leak other than on onesies.  I have been able to get those to the point where you have to look closely to see there is a stain and it is just around the legs so unless you are changing her diaper you don't see it anyway.  Well today it went through to her pants (of course a brand new pair!) and I can't get it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zoeysmom331
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

All I can suggest is to soak it in cold water, and keep rinsing it out until you can't see the stain anymore. As soon as you dry it with heat, you're screwed.

Just because she calls me Mom does not mean I am going to stop being Jen

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:32 PM

I'd like to know also. Eventually it will wash out through frequent washings.

jcsmummy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM

color safe bleach

brookies_mommy
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Spray and wash works well here. Although I dont stress too much if it's just my DD panties. I know there clean. lol

concernedmom93
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:44 AM

As you are loading the washer spray some shout on the clothes that are soiled and wash

Colibug
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Zout works wonders!!!  It can take care of the poop stains!

wahm4dylan
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I use some stuff called Totally Toddler Nursery Stain Remover. Works WONDERS! I use it on everything for my son's clothes. And it's made just for little ones. You can find it at walmart or target. I usually buy it at walmart.

meryclaire
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Our miracle stain remover around here is shout with resolve after putting Goop on it. Let it soak for 20 min then wash it, That has gotten out so many stains in my house. Goop got permanent marker off my dd brand new shirt!

Mom2Tristan07
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Try Spray in wash. I use that everytime when my son would poop into his clothes or when he would throw up and it would come out. Good Luck!

PhillyMom13
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Borax!

My mother in law gave me a box of this, and it sounded kind of industrial to me, so I wasn't going to use it, but it said on the back that you could use it for baby clothes, so I did, and the poop and spit up came out!  I also stopped using Dreft and use regular dye/fragrance free laundry detergent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)