Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spank+i

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

What do you say when you tell people that you dont spank you child and they get mad cause they say you should cause thell never learn . Well i learned it the hard way .. I can discuss it it bothers me to much. I got spanked alot and really hard and beat and wotn spank my son

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemissyjen
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Honestly I tell them to mind their own business. What works for me may or may not work for them and vice versa.

Photobucket
treysmama06
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Well thats UR kid.... I wouldnt listen to what they say how the hell do they know what will work for ur child .? I pop my sons hand and butt but never spank him and thats how it will always be and i dont care what anyone thinks ....

amandad0225
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Quoting littlemissyjen:

Honestly I tell them to mind their own business. What works for me may or may not work for them and vice versa.

bridey530
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:18 PM

just say everyone has their own parenting technics and that yours does not include spanking
if the say you are screwing up your kid do what i do and tell them it is your kid to screw up
i dont think that you need to tell them about your experiences (unless you want to)
it is none of there business

rosebud727
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I never spanked my kids and I'm told all the time that I have very well behaved kids because we raised them properly.

It's all about redirection and the occasional consequences.

So stick to you what you want to do and don't worry about what those other parents are saying.

I speak from spank-free experience!

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Honestly people need to mind there own buisness. I had an old lady almost chase me in a parking lot because I had to walk or drag my  daughter out of a store one time. I told my dd if she touched things w/o asking we would leave. She touched and did not want to leave. The lady was like no, no hurt. I do not even know how i was hurting her. Plus it is not like the lady knew the whole picture.

I spanked and it wasn't working so I had to do other things. I think spanking works for so long with some children. I was the opposite-I learned from spankings. Now I warn her that if she does not stop she will get a spank.

SugarMama99200
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM

people really do need to mind their own beez wax. im actually the opposite and always get grief because I do spank. My mom is CONSTANTLY telling me i shouldnt spank but the kicker is that SHE spanked us as kids. Crazy huh?

marie27787
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:40 AM

some woman said that 2 my sis at walmart and she turned around and said mind ur own business or u'll be next

KaseyHickman
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 1:59 AM

people are so stupid. I spank my son but I hardly ever have too. But like some one else said what works for me may not work for some one else. I would never tell some one how to disipline their kid. Thats just stupid. Its your child not theirs and there is nothing wrong with not spanking your child. ITs what you want and that should be the final word on that subject/

wallylicious
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 2:04 AM

I start using big words to explain to them some of the basic foundations of developmental psychology and the process of punishment: negative punishment, positive punishment, negative reinforcement, positive reinforcement.

If I don't lose them there, I start getting into philosophical discussion on the link between a violent manner of discipline and behavioral disorders.

eventually they realize I'm smarter and they don't stand a chance in convincing me that I should use violence against my child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)