Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling trapped

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:18 PM
  • 28 Replies

anyone else a sahm feeling trapped?  i love being a sahm..i have 3 children and am preggo with #4..but at the same time i really wish that i had a bach degree and a career...also, we sure could use the money!  but how do i do that with 4 kids?!  ugh..i feel soooooo trapped right now.

my SO has so much going on right now, career wise..im feeling jealous..he gets to move forward while time sits still for me..

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom27g
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I'm not a SAHM so I can't say that I understand what you are going through. I'm pretty sure that I couldnt' stay home though, I need adult contact and the challenge of a career. Here's a bump for you.

Pam
Mom to 2 boys, wife to a wonderful husband 

Group Owner - Marraige Under God
http://www.cafemom.com/group/21411

Group Admin - Christian Mom's Bible Study Group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/14804
Group Admin - Mommies4Jesus
http://www.cafemom.com/group/52273

Juliasmommie225
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:21 PM

i felt like that as well!!!! i ended up getting a night job! it makes me feel great!!!!

coolestmomeva
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:23 PM

YES! and i only have one child!  im glad you posted this...i thought i was the only mom feeling this way!  i so badly want to go back to school! become a nurse and help pay bills!

alliesmom112
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:24 PM

I understand what you are going through. I quit my job after baby #2 and while I love being home and taking care of my girls I miss work too. I miss the outside contact and having conversations  with someone over the age of 4 lol.

myboy28
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:24 PM

typingWhat are the ages of your other three? Have you given any thought to online classes? That could help you to feel that you are accomplishing more. Just had that idea and thought that I would share with you.

Lady Bugs
snakesNsnails
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

ive thought about nursing, too..or teaching..

we are living paycheck to paycheck right now, so i dont even know how we could afford for me to take any courses..which i could do, online, at first..

but then who's going to care for my children??? and the cost of child care?

i suppose if i wanted it badly enough, i would figure out a way..i just dont see that its possible..

my older two are in school during the day, but do baseball in the spring and fall after school..i have to drive them all around..i have a 3 yo and a baby on the way..and SO works third shift for his full time job and then 20 hrs a month for pt job.

Quoting coolestmomeva:

YES! and i only have one child!  im glad you posted this...i thought i was the only mom feeling this way!  i so badly want to go back to school! become a nurse and help pay bills!

punkrawkd0rk
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I am not a SAHM right now, but I have been, I also have 4 children and I am attending college. The reasons for this is because I felt like you do, so I figured I had to do something before I went crazy lol. I agree with the others, adult contact is good! Right now the job I have is just temporary, so soon enough I will be sitting home again...feeling the same way again :)

snakesNsnails
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:31 PM

yes..i would really like to do that..just have to figure out a way, financially..hmm

Quoting myboy28:

typingWhat are the ages of your other three? Have you given any thought to online classes? That could help you to feel that you are accomplishing more. Just had that idea and thought that I would share with you.

snakesNsnails
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM

aww..your little ones are adorable..ive been a sahm for about 11 years now..wish i could have had my kids closer in age! but ive been on the 3 1/2 year plan..bout every 3 1/2 years i have another one. lol

Quoting punkrawkd0rk:

I am not a SAHM right now, but I have been, I also have 4 children and I am attending college. The reasons for this is because I felt like you do, so I figured I had to do something before I went crazy lol. I agree with the others, adult contact is good! Right now the job I have is just temporary, so soon enough I will be sitting home again...feeling the same way again :)

punkrawkd0rk
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM

lol mine are on the when mommy dont expect it plan..then another one comes :)

I agree about the online courses, thats what I do. My gosh I would never have enough time for an actual campus! We also live pay check to pay check, heck right now my pay check is the only income coming in (hubby is at training for the army no pay til feb 15. lol) but I was able to get financial assistance (pell grant) so it helped. I also ended up getting student loans, but figured I dont ahve to pay them until 6 months after I graduate, so that would work as well. lol

Quoting snakesNsnails:

aww..your little ones are adorable..ive been a sahm for about 11 years now..wish i could have had my kids closer in age! but ive been on the 3 1/2 year plan..bout every 3 1/2 years i have another one. lol

Quoting punkrawkd0rk:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)