Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pull ups at nighttime

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:47 PM
  • 22 Replies
How old was your child before they made it through the night dry? My dd just turned 3 and has been wetting the bed every night. My dh says just keep putting her in panties but she gets really upset when she wakes up in a wet bed. I think she just sleeps really hard. What do you think? A pull up just for night time or keep trying with panties only? BTW she never has problems during the day only when sleeping. And before we stopped using the pull ups she was going through the night dry in the pull up sometimes. I think we jumped the gun. Thoughts, suggestions?
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmyree2207
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:50 PM

my son is two and a half not really potty trained but at night i have to put him in regular diapers for that purpose because the pullups leak....so maybe try that?  i wouldnt put her in real underwear because that might more of a mess.

If anyone ever needs advice on relationships like marriage, friends, family, or thinking about divorce or you are divorced and need help with your es husband?.....join this new group!!!

www.cafemom.com/group/need_advice
Galdarisimom
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:52 PM
My dh insists that we have her wear her panties to bed because he doesn't want her to think that it is okay to go potty in bed. I'm like WTF? If she wears a diaper or pull up, she will gain more confidence and maybe stop? IDK, that's why I wondered what yall thought.
kmyree2207
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM

i agree with you on getting more confidence...i think that you should do what is best for your daughter....most of the time men dont know much about little girls and what they need.

Quoting Galdarisimom:

My dh insists that we have her wear her panties to bed because he doesn't want her to think that it is okay to go potty in bed. I'm like WTF? If she wears a diaper or pull up, she will gain more confidence and maybe stop? IDK, that's why I wondered what yall thought.

If anyone ever needs advice on relationships like marriage, friends, family, or thinking about divorce or you are divorced and need help with your es husband?.....join this new group!!!

www.cafemom.com/group/need_advice
Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Try the pads you can lay down on the bed. I did because when in pull up she would revert. Also wake them before you go to bed and get them on the potty. They will learn from wetting that they need to wake when the feel that way.

Galdarisimom
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:02 AM
suga3080
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:17 AM

she is only 3yrs she will stop eventually. nothing wrong with the pull up

LuvinMY03
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:30 AM

my dd is 2 1/2 and completly PT during the day but she has the same problem at night. we tried undies for a cpl nights but every night she woke me up wet. so then i put her to bed with undies and woke her up like 1-2hrs after she went to bed..right b4 i went to bed. but she woke me up still about 4am bc she pee'd. so then i was gonna try to to wake her 1-2hrs after she went to bed and then wake up at 3-4am to take her again, but i couldnt wake back up..lol. so i went back to pull ups. she has not regresed or reverted back at all during the day, i just dont think her lil bladder is ready at night. i read that when they wake up dry 3-4days in a row they are ready..but u still need to wake them up at night to go. so i would recomend to put her in a pull up or wake her up 1-2x's a night to potty.

livin4kids
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:34 AM

ok, my dd will be 3 in may and hasn't wet the bed (knock on wood) since she was about 2 and even then it was rarely.  We found out that if we stop her from drinking or eating at LEAST 30-45 minutes before she goes to bed and before I brush her teeth she goes "pee pee in the potty" she won't wet the bed.  Now she actually wakes herself up in the middle of the night and all I'll hear is "mommy I pee pee in potty"  lol.  Hopefully this will help though.  Also, we made a chart out of posterboard and hung it in the bathroom and everytime she woke up dry (with underwear on) she got to put a sticker ion the board and I made a HUGE deal out of it cuz lets face it, it is a good thing for me too  :)

punkrawkd0rk
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:39 AM

My son is 4 and still mostly wears diapers at night. He still pees the bed, even if he goes to the bathroom before bed, and dont drink so long before sleeping and yada yada. They say it is because of an immature bladder that children have accidents.

srj-7128
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM

I HAVE 2 DDS MY OLDEST IS A LITTLE OVER 3 AND THE YOUNGEST A LITTLE OVER 2 THEY ARE BOTH PT DURING THE DAY THOUGH MY 2 YEAR OLD SITLL HAS ACCIDENTS EVERY NOW AND THEN, BUT NOT OFTEN. ANYWAY THEY BOTH WEAR PULLUPS TO BED. I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM LEAKING. MY DR. SAID THAT WAS NORMAL AND THAT ALOT OF KIDS ARE PT AT NIGHT UNTIL 4 MAYBE EVEN 5. SO NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT. I KNOW MY 3 YAER OLD CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT DRY BECAUSE SHE HAS SEVERAL TIMES. BUT THIS IS ONLY IF SHE DOESNT DRINK ANYTHIGN BEFORE BED. RIGHT NOW THAT IS OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM THEY BOTH WANT A CUP OF MILK BEFORE THEY GO TO BED. I CANT SEEM TO BREAK THEM OF IF. I HAVE TRIED SLOWLY CUTTING BACK BUT THEN THEEY WAKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT THIRSTY. SO ILL HAVE THEM GO TO THE BATHROOM THEN AND GET THEM ANOTHER DRINK. BUT THEY WILL STILL BE WET IN THE MORNING. USUALLY I CAN TALK MY 3 YEAR OLD OUT OF HAVING HER DRINK BUT THE 2 YEAR OLD ...NO WAY THAT WILL HAPPEN YET. I JUST ALWAYS FEEL BAD TELLING HER SHE CANT HAVE A DRINK. IM NOT SURE IF IT IS A HABIT OR IF SHE IS REALLY THIRSTY. SO I DONT KNOW. MOST OF THE TIME I JUST LET THEM HAVE THEIR DRINK AND GO TO BED. THEN ALL I HAVE TO DO IS CHANGE THEM OUT OF A PULL UP AND INTO PANTIES IN THE MORNING. NOT REALLY TOO BIG A DEAL, ITS BETTER THAN CLEANING A WET BED AND CLOTHES. I THINK WE ARE GOING TO TAKE THE TIME THIS SUMMER TO WORK MORE ON IT WITH OUR 3 YEAR OLD AND HOPE THAT SHE IS OUT OF THE PULL UPS AT NIGHT BY AGE 4. GOOD LUCK TO YOU THOUGH!

PLEASE CLINK THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK OUT MY GROUP ON CHILD SAFETY!!!http://www.cafemom.com/group/53427

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)