Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

barack obama stimulus package (i dont watch the news)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:34 AM
  • 12 Replies

what is the bottom line and how does it effect me? is it like bush's stimulus checks?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M0mmy0f_3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Obama's stimulus package is supposed to create jobs and such for people. 

I am a young 22 year old, formula feeding because I couldn't breastfeed, cloth and disposable diapering, forward-facing at right time, junk food eating, tv watching with my kids, proud mother of 3 wonderful children. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

caitlyn_2008
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:39 AM

do we get checks like last year?

Quoting M0mmy0f_3:

Obama's stimulus package is supposed to create jobs and such for people. 

M0mmy0f_3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:42 AM

As of right now they havent determined that. 

I am a young 22 year old, formula feeding because I couldn't breastfeed, cloth and disposable diapering, forward-facing at right time, junk food eating, tv watching with my kids, proud mother of 3 wonderful children. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

caitlyn_2008
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:44 AM

well they need too i could use that money to finish college

ANewPerspective
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I don't really see Obama doing the check thing. JMO. I see him putting the money into creating jobs and helping businesses/people on the verge of bankruptsy.

caitlyn_2008
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:49 AM

yeah but i doubt any of those jobs would help me i live in a small texan town where the most productive job is at the wal-mart eye rollingand that sucks

Quoting ANewPerspective:

I don't really see Obama doing the check thing. JMO. I see him putting the money into creating jobs and helping businesses/people on the verge of bankruptsy.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:09 AM

This whole post bothers me...

ANewPerspective
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:11 AM

umm.. why? Seems like she's just wondering what the stimulus will include. nothing to be bothered about IMO.

Quoting steffielou_who:

This whole post bothers me...

ANewPerspective
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Unfortunetly, he has to look out for the bigger populace - so usually the focus of that would create jobs in bigger cities. Not that we don't matter (I live in a small town too), but it's more about the majority than it is about minority.  

Quoting caitlyn_2008:

yeah but i doubt any of those jobs would help me i live in a small texan town where the most productive job is at the wal-mart eye rollingand that sucks

Quoting ANewPerspective:

barbroach59
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:14 AM

sorry no check its  suppose to lower  what they take out in  taxs  on your payroll  check that is all its  going to do , which i think  would be  alot  better , cause you have to claim that  stimulus  check on your  tax  this year , and  its  going to screw  alot of people up  , well anyway NO stimulus  check in the mail

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)