Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Feel Bad For My DD

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

Well its kind of a long story but my daughter has been in and out of the doctors office for constipation problems and redness in the vaginal area...well tonight i took her to the doctor for the redness because it has worsen since the other day at her pediatricians office. Well come to find out that inside her vajayjay there is a cut from them doing a catheter the other day at the pediatricians office...i feel so bad for her..she was crying so badly today because it was hurting her so bad and her pediatrician said that it wasnt anything that it would just go away in the next couple days but...it didnt...its worsened so they gave her a medication thats a one time dose to help her it comes that its a really bad yeast infection and a little cut inside her private...poor girl...i dont know how to make her feel better all i can tell her is she will be better soon..shes so sensitive when it comes to stuff like this and it doesnt help that shes taking milk of magnesia too for constipation and hes got really bad diarea (sp?) and tells me she peed and really she is pooping...so tomorrow i am going to try not giving her the M.O.M. and see if she feels better...sorry i just had to share and see if anyones child has had this happen before and if so how did you make your little one feel better?? thanks. 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
HaydensMommy007
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:53 AM

I dont have any advice, but I hope your baby girl feels better soon!

Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.

samanthasmom05
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Thank You So Much. Me Too. Makes Me Wanna Cry Because I Know How She Is Feeling.

steph2884
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Poor little girl! I hope she feels better soon. The doctors should have given her something to help her heal the first time! With everything that's going on with her they should have known it wouldn't heal up fast. Grr doctors!

pregnancy calendar

baby

samanthasmom05
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:04 AM

Yeah well I took her in the other day and they did a catheter and then they swabbed it and ran tests on it and they said it came out negative for everything but there is no way thats true because one she wouldnt be this bad and two the doctor wouldnt say that in her vaginal canal there is a really good amount of yeast in there and they couldnt see it a few days ago. its sad. doctors are horrible in this town i mean there is one specific doctor that i wont take my dd too thats in the same office and thats a doctor that has misdiagnosed several children and even my own for example...i took her one time because she was really sick and coughing really bad and everything and he said there was nothing wrong well here to come find out she has pneumonia and the way i found out was going back the same night to a different clinic and had xrays done...this town has several bad doctors that i would never recommend...but yeah...sorry to ramble off i am just so worried about her i dont know what to do...i love her so much and its killing me seeing her cry so hard and feel so bad...thanks so much for being there for me to talk too..

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:13 AM

I'm sorry your baby's hurting!

I don't know much about the rest, but my DD has chronic yeast infections (we have to take her to a pediatric gyno :-( ) I know how hard it is to deal with seeing them in that kind of pain and not being able to do anything about it. If your doctors slacking I will tell you the one thing they said to keep a close eye on is if there's any odor to it - he didn't tell me exactly why, just that it's a bad sign. On the meds they gave my DD for the most recent yeast infection (fluconazole, amoxicillin and clavulanate) she was cleared up in about 3 days. Even if they were to just give you a topical cream it shouldn't take longer than that to start looking better & should be completely clear within 7 days. If it's not, call them and tell them they NEED to call in something stronger!

Good luck!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)