Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Binky advice pleas

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:36 AM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is 2 1/2 and was off the binky for a week or so. I caved and gave it back one night because it was a very bad night, It turns out she was getting sick. So she still has it. Is it wrong for me to back slide on the binky to keep my sanity. Yes she is a very strong willed child and can be very difficult at times. Would love to hear your advice. Mindy

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ANewPerspective
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:38 AM

In my opinion 2.5 is way way to old to be on a binky!

brookies_mommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:40 AM

A friend of mine took all her daughter's binky's and tied them to balloons and had her daughter let they balloons go. It helped her realise that they were really gone.

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:44 AM

My mom let my sister and I have a binky til we weened ourselves off. I was off mine at 3 and my sister took hers til she was 5. Her teeth are PERFECT, while I had head gear and braces all together for 6 years.

My daughters 2 1/2 and takes a binky. Fact of the matter is if you're ok with her having it, then it's ok. If you're not ok with her having it, then it's not ok. You're the parent, your decision. Your call Momma. But since you're asking opinions, I let mine have one. The pediatrician hasn't expressed any concern so neither have I :-)  

Momyletha
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I have heard of people cutting the ends off and the kids rejecting the binkys altogether themselves. I don't know how safe it is, but if you watch her I'm sure it would be OK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)