Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know....

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:14 AM
  • 30 Replies

why my 8 month old is constintly having broncitis and it turning into rsv all the time so far it has been 4 times hospitalized once and now hes weezing and getting croppy again? is it anything im doing his doc  shows no concerns but im worried anyone know

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SugarMama99200
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:16 AM
JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:17 AM

If you're still concerned don't just go along with what the doc says!  When DS was about a year old he had this on-going cold, it lasted almost a month and continually got worse. I was taking him to the pediatrician once a week and everytime she'd just say "Oh it's a cold". Well, he ended up in the hospital with pneumonia! Most doc's go with the most obvious dx, which isn't always the right one. If you feel somethings really wrong don't let the doc brush you off. 

Good luck!  

lilmomma4
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:18 AM

I don't know.Maybe you could keep a dehumidifier (I think that's what they are called) in his room. One of my boys who was a preemie caught every respiratory illness it seemed. He had his mattress in his crib permanently propped up. Even now he sleeps with 2 pillows to make his head higher and we dread winter because he still gets sick. He is 10yrs old now. I hope you baby feels better, sorry I couldn't be more help. 

Ilovemyson51508
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:22 AM

i have one of those in his room and and air purifier and his bed is still propped up im up with him now cuse hes weezing and coughing really bad again and i cant keep having him in and out the doctors office and in the hospital

Quoting lilmomma4:

I don't know.Maybe you could keep a dehumidifier (I think that's what they are called) in his room. One of my boys who was a preemie caught every respiratory illness it seemed. He had his mattress in his crib permanently propped up. Even now he sleeps with 2 pillows to make his head higher and we dread winter because he still gets sick. He is 10yrs old now. I hope you baby feels better, sorry I couldn't be more help. 

Ilovemyson51508
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:26 AM

this is exactly what happened the las time i he kept getting worse and worse i took him to 2 ers in one day cause i knew something wasnt right and was still sent home the next day i took him back to his doc and his fever got up to 105 while wait in the office to be seen in a matter of 2 hrs and then they finally admitted him he had rsv witch got so bad it turned into phenomena and i feel like it happening all over again they dont take me seriously cause im young and hes my first and im stuck

Quoting JudeandLucy:

If you're still concerned don't just go along with what the doc says!  When DS was about a year old he had this on-going cold, it lasted almost a month and continually got worse. I was taking him to the pediatrician once a week and everytime she'd just say "Oh it's a cold". Well, he ended up in the hospital with pneumonia! Most doc's go with the most obvious dx, which isn't always the right one. If you feel somethings really wrong don't let the doc brush you off. 

Good luck!  

mommy2bunny
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:26 AM

I agree with this.  I recently had to change peds b/c the original one just blew me off.  My DD's left leg was turning inwards...not just a little bit, but to the point of it completely pointing to her other foot.  the original ped said it's normal and I said that's BS. So, I switched her peds.  Plus, I took her to my family chiropractor (non-force that uses an activator and feels like a light thump).  he treats babies, children, and prego women too.  He told me that I had 2 choices.  One, put her in a leg brace.  Two, have him treat her.  I obviously chose the latter.  She wasn't walking b/c she was having trouble.  However, the second after he treated her, she walked right out of the office.  :-)  My point is that you need a second opinion.  A mother's intuition is far better than a doc's point of view.  If you think there's something wrong, go with your gut and take him to see another doc before it's too late.  I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Quoting JudeandLucy:

Good luck!  

JudeandLucy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:28 AM

The wheezing is what would worry me... does it look like he's having a hard time breathing? (IE using his stomach muscles to help breath)

If you take him to the hospital again, DEMAND they run tests! Blood tests, urine tests, stool samples, x-rays, whatever hasn't been done... you need answeres and the best way to get those are to be a pain in their ass!  A friend of mine recently had to take her DD to the hospital four times in two weeks because she was in obvious pain, and because she finally reamed the hell out of them they ran what they deemed "unncessary tests" and found out she had a UTI!

Quoting Ilovemyson51508:

i have one of those in his room and and air purifier and his bed is still propped up im up with him now cuse hes weezing and coughing really bad again and i cant keep having him in and out the doctors office and in the hospital

Quoting lilmomma4:

mommy2bunny
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Make sure the air purifier does not create the negative ions electronically.  The reason is b/c it creates OZONE.  It's good way up in the atmosphere, but not concentrated in one tiny room.  This can cause serious health problems.

Quoting Ilovemyson51508:

Quoting lilmomma4:

inwonderland888
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:32 AM

I was told by my dr (when my daughter had it) you can only get the actual RSV once in your life....?

inwonderland888
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Maybe its time for a secnod opinion??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)