Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Mom Confessions?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:18 AM
  • 12 Replies

Anyone want to share any mishaps, funny stories, or white lies that have occurred since becoming a Mom? To open up the lines of communication, I'll go first:

• I was so tired one night that I put on my sons' diaper backwards. He tried to pull it off himself during the next diaper change.
  • I put my lil' one down on the couch right behind me one night so that I could get some "me time" on the laptop and he slid down and ended up meeting me eye level on the floor.
  • I lied to my fiance and told him that I could not vacuum or sweep for 6 weeks following my sons' birth.
  • I make fun of him when he cries for attention and my mum makes me stop
  • In the same day, my son peed on my sister and peed in my eye.
  • Every time I take my son to my mums' house, I tell her annoying neighbor he is sleeping so she does not ask me to bring him over (she looks like Magda from There's Something about Mary and is more annoying). I don't know how much longer I can keep this rouse going...
  • My son drooled down my throat today as I kissed him.
  • I laugh to myself everytime papito head butts Daddy opposed to giving him a kiss..

I encourage other women to dish. I don't know if I am alone on this, but I saw myself becoming the old Pomeranian woman, all dogs, no kids, but now I love what I do and need to laugh at the bloopers.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaseyHickman
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:46 AM

I always take the blame when my son messes something up. Like for instance he broke my husbands son glasses so I told my husband that I stepped on them so he wouldnt be mad at my son.

when my son started talking he got his t's and f's mixed up. So a truck was F***.

I let my son jump on my bed and sometimes I join him and jump with him.

I have a two door car so I had to slide the seat forward to put my son in my car. One night I wasnt paying attention and I didnt have my son with me and my seat was forward. So when I got in I totally missed the seat and fell straight into the back seat of my car. I got stuck too and my husband had to help me out. I have actually done this twice

I sometimes askk my husband to change my sons diaper when its poppy just so I can hear him moan about it ex. Kyle: "Oh My GOD This is terrible" hehe

inwonderland888
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:56 AM

I always tell my daughter no when she bites me... Yet I always catch myself biting her finger as she laughs hysterically.

My mom had to nag at me the other day when I told my daughter "go away you are soooo annoying!"

Baby Alice kept pulling my hair. So I reached over and pulled hers and said "See it hurts dont it?!" She laughed and then started pulling her own hair. Now I am always having to tell her to stop pulling her own hair!

I made it a big deal to have my baby sleep in her own bed... Now I am sad that she wont cuddle w/ me at night. She literally crawls away and sleeps on the floor.

3timesoccermom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:46 AM

Years ago I was arguing with my oldest daughter and called her a crazy brat. 

My oldest talked very early and very well.  My middle one talked late and hardly at all.  For a long time I wondered if there was something wrong with her.

When my middle one was in 1st grade she was painfully shy and quiet.  One girl picked on her and was always mean to her.  I volunteered in her class and when I had the chance I told that girl she better leave my daughter alone.  I know I could have gotten in so much trouble but I was that mad.

When someone does something hurtful to one of my kids I go crazy.

I have let my kids have cake for breakfast a couple of times.

I have read through my daughters' text messages a couple of times.

I secretly hoped my oldest would break up with her ex.  

eyegirl
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:56 AM

I have to many.

I told my oldest son I was pregnant before I told my mom and swore him to secrecy. He told anyway the little turd,

My DH and I made love with youngest in bed with us.

I was really sick once and gave my oldest a dose of motrin so I could get some sleep.

I'm sounding like a bad mom now.

I hide cookies and candy from my teen step-daughters.Espescially at that time of the month.

My DH and I sneak away letting the older kids watch little one so we can go out to eat without dragging the whole bunch.

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:21 AM

I secretely get mad at DS for not sleping all night (mostly after the third night staight of being awake).

I laugh at DH when he gets peed on because he takes SOOOOO long to change a diaper.

I use Daddy-baby bathtime to get some ME time.

I use the shower as an excuse for ME time and will just stand under the spray for 5-10 mins so that I don't have to be mommy for 10 minutes.... I just need some help!

KatieMommy9303
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:18 AM

I told my 5yr old son that if people swallow gum that they explode because I didn't want him to ever swallow his gum. Well one day by accident he swallowed it and freaked out, I thought fast and told him the antedote (remedy) was to drink a cup of water real fast. I almost died laughing when he came to me and said he swallowed his gum.

When I don't want to go to the park sometimes I tell him it's closed.

Ummm..that's all I can think of right now.

Live every day to the fullest~ Be grateful for what you have today...tomorrow it may be gone.

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:06 AM

OMG LOL!!!

Quoting KatieMommy9303:

I told my 5yr old son that if people swallow gum that they explode because I didn't want him to ever swallow his gum. Well one day by accident he swallowed it and freaked out, I thought fast and told him the antedote (remedy) was to drink a cup of water real fast. I almost died laughing when he came to me and said he swallowed his gum.

When I don't want to go to the park sometimes I tell him it's closed.

Ummm..that's all I can think of right now.

audra1010
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:27 AM

bump...i will come back later.. oh and thanks for the avi idea .. lol

1sonand3angels
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Ok here it goes.....

My BF has a rule you dont get up from the table until the food is gone...so I take bites off my sons plate when he doesnt want to eat it. Then I give my son a snack after dinner. lol

I like to call my son fat head (p.s. he calls me peanut butter butt thanks to my bf) He does have a big head when his hair is not cut.

I sometimes hide out in my car to get some Me time. (they always find me lol)

I have lied about having an "O" just to get him off me LMAO!!!! (I know everyone has done this)

One more...

When ds was still bfing I would have him sleep with me and I would just whip it out and go back to sleep. (I always got a great night sleep and so did ds. He has been sleeping through the night except eating and then going back to sleep since he was 8 days old LOVE IT!!)

MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:13 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)