Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period or no? I'm so confused! [Maybe TMI]

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:31 AM
  • 2 Replies

Ahh, I'm going out of my mind, I swear! If you've seen any of my previous posts, you know that I haven't had a period since August 11th, 2008. That was the first and only period I had since my son was born two months earlier in June. I wasn't breast feeding and I wasn't under a ton of stress. I would say -- about 3 times since then, I've had occassions where I'll wipe and it'll be like watered down blood, kina .. like kinda mucousy but not at the same time -- but only when I wiped, nothing was EVER in my underwear or anything like that, not even the faintest trace of it. The 3 times that it's happened, it has left me feeling like okay maybe my period has started or will be starting soon. Ususally I'll be kinda crampy on the days that it happens, which normally only happens to me on the very first day of my period. These days are so random, I just don't get it. It happened again yesterday, but still no period. I'm sooo confused! I have mentioned this to my doctor 2 times already and she can't seem to figure out why my body is acting this way.

Every once in awhile, my friend will mention that maybe I'm pregnant. Okay, that's possible because we don't really use protection or BC of any sort. I just don't understand! I've taken close to a dozen pregnancy tests since September. I've had tests done at the doctor and I've had an ultrasound done as well just to make sure and nothing else points to pregnancy.

I just can't think of anything that would impact me like this. Anyone else have any idea because I'm stumped.

confused

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jmlmpl
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:36 AM

I had the opposite problem I wouldn't stop bleeding I had to go on a higher estrogen B/C pill

eyegirl
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:41 AM

Have them check your Thyroid.I had the same thing after my first.Finally a Dr checked my Thyroid and it was underactive. I was put on Medicine and thing gradually went back to normal.Also everyone is diffrent and sometimes it takes longer for your body to regulate after a baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)