Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When to use the baby stationery "The Jumperoo"??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

Morning fellow mothers!

Im always asking curious questions so heres another one, My son is 6 wks and kicks his legs up and down on my stomach when im holding him. i wanna get him the jumperoo but is it too early to put him in it? At what age did you put your baby if you had one?

Thanks for your replies in advance!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tuckersmommy22
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:47 AM
You should wait until he can hold his head up completely on his own, not flopping his head around or anything. My son's physical therapist said that physical therapist's HATE jumperoos because they encourage bad posture (I wanted to get one too), they said if I did get one to only let him in it for a little bit every once in a while. I don't know if that's just because of the problems my son has or for all babies in general. You can get it but I wouldn't use it until he can hold his head up and he has a lot of strength in his legs. Good luck!! I hope this helps!

"If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment thank God."

~Audra (Tucker's Mommy)~
Wiifeytype1025
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:49 AM

I started my daughter around 3 months, she was a really strong baby so i probably could have started a little earlier, the problem though was that the seat was too big, so I had to tuck a blanket (folded up) around her to give her a little more support/control.

She loved it though

I'm a 24 year old, *single* mom, to a 13 month old princess, and a prince on the way. I'm 33 or 36 weeks pregnant, I've had previa, abruption, gall bladder surgery, kidney stones, preterm labor and have been passing out, but this little boy is worth it all. I've been through postpartum depression, domestic violence, my parents divorce, losing my job & becoming poor, losing my car, and my license, and becoming a single mom... all in the last year and I'm still glad to be here!!

I *LOVE* my kids more than anything else on this planet!

angelfairy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:52 AM

We have one and I didnt get it for my son until he was almost 7 months old.  They have to have full control over their head and neck before it would be safe to bounce around that much. He may have been ok using it at 5 months but I was more worried about head/neck trauma so I waited a little longer before I bought it.

Sillieguze
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:55 AM

We had one, but didn't put my son in it until he was almost 5 months old.  Like others have said your baby needs to be able to hold his head up well on his own before he can go in it.  My son loved his jumperoo. 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
jenaroma11
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:58 AM

Very ironic you posted this! I just set my daughters jump n' go up yesterday. She is almost 4 months old. It is the one that hooks on your door frame. She didn't really know what to think of it, hahaa. The box said 4 months - 20lbs. I also had to put a blanket in the seat to help support her. 6wks is probably way too early, I would wait until she has good head control! I know... boo hoo, lol. I have been just waiting to put it up!! She really isn't into it as much as I hoped but I am sure she will like it when she gets older.

Beans549
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Pretty much same response here.  My LO got one when she was 5 months.  She is just now 6 months and like to be in, she just hasn't gotten the whole jumping concept yet.  But I agree they must hold there head up for a while, not just for a little bit.

Hisservent
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:01 AM

my son was 5 or 6 months when we used one. Someone gave us one. even with the lowest setting he could barely reach the floor, but he loved it. I think 6 weeks is way too young. They should be able to hold still and not be wobbly.

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord!

I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christain, choir singin, recycling, natural products user, vaccinating, non co-sleepin, CIO method user, soy milk drinking, organic milk givin, coffee drinking, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burning, as Green as I can get, WAHM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)