Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't figure out what to do, dh and i are always fighting!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

So, I  have enlisted in the Air Force and not due to ship out to basic until July. My dh on the other hand would like me to leave asap. So this is my problem, I have competed in pageants since I was eleven. I have paid over $400 to compete in a pageant in April. We also have a 1 year old son. I'm afraid if I leave in July it will be harder on our son that what it would be now. But I have also paid all that money from sponsors to compete in the pageant. We have said that if for some reason I don't compete that we would pay the money back to the sponsors. I just don't know what to do, hubby and I are always fighting over this because he wants to quit his job but can't do so until i'm through basic. Any advice out there?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MumsTheWord571
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:17 AM

When you accepted the sponsors $ you made a commitment, you need to follow through.

NewSAHMto2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Tell him YOU are the one making the sacrifices and YOU are the one going to bootcamp and fighting for your country, bettering yourself and leaving your family to do so.  Tell him he can wait until July so you can do the pageant like you want to and give yourself more time with him and your son before you leave for basic training.  He has no reason to be selfish when YOU are the one that is doing all this so he will be able to quit his job. *HUGS* Good luck with everything hun

AmelieH
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM

i don't really understand what the problem is, so here is a bump!

msburpee21
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM

This is exactly what I'm trying to get through to him, but he has the mind set that it doesn't matter. As to why we keep fighting

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

When you accepted the sponsors $ you made a commitment, you need to follow through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)