Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM
  • 16 Replies

OK Im so confused please help. I have to go on a 4hr car ride for a manadory meeting for work problem is its suppose to snow very very bad (8 inches of snow, and ice storms) between now and the time i would be coming home.

Solution 1: drive myself and risk the chance of an accident.... I dont do well in the snow at all.

Solution 2: drive with co workers, problem one: the driver has a bad cold - problem 2: they want to make pit stops so we will be very late and there will be no time to relax before the meetings (which i will definetly need after being in car for 6 hrs) -problem 3: no way to get my car from work. we wont be passing by here on the way home from the meeting.

I hope this makes sense. I REALLY REALLY need help. which solution would u choose?????

p.s we are suppose to be leaving at 1:30 today. also Im 28 wks pregnant

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

CHECK OUT MY GROUP: Moms or Moms-to-be in Fairfield County, CT
http://www.cafemom.com/group/93957
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmandaBBW
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:36 AM

i personally wouldnt be going. its not worth the risk.

karwil200
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:38 AM

i wouldn't go if you are pregnant not worth it

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
bambi1105

I agree. Your pregnant its not worth it.

Quoting AmandaBBW:

i personally wouldnt be going. its not worth the risk.

GillyMarie

no it really isnt but Im not sure how to get out of it. all the managers have left already

worwalkerlds
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:39 AM
Did you other people read that she said it was MANDATORY!!! And if I were you, Id ride with the Co-Workers. And have them drop you off at your car on the way back... It sucks but thats what we have to do to be responsible adults. Do what we dont want to do...
Whitney2207
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I used to have to go to meetings in Miami so like 21/2-3 hours away but when I was around 30 weeks I explained to my boss that I didn't feel comfortable driving all that way or driving around Miami this far along and she didn't make me go. See if there is anyway to get out of it.

tes1proudmomma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Honestly if you must go I would go with the group...get a mask so that way you don't have to breathe in the same air as the sick person, and take advantage of those pit stops to get out and stretch your legs..it's tough traveling pregnant! Believe me I've had to do it a lot with both pregnancies..sucked each and everytime.

Quoting GillyMarie:

no it really isnt but Im not sure how to get out of it. all the managers have left already

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
mommytoG
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 AM

There are no other Co-Workers you could go with? What about your boss. Try talking to him/her and see what he/she/ says. Not sure how much help that would be, but its a start.

Do you have a phone that can do conference calls where you work? You could do that if you do and that way you dont have to travel anywhere.

If I were 28 weeks pregnant And there was a snow and ice storm coming, I wouldnt travel, I would sat write me up, My unborn is more important

,,,,, , ,

MrsQueen0306
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:45 AM

i would drive myself. but thats just me. when i was pregnant with my son, i drove all over the place by my self. I can listen to my music, stop when I need to pee. or get food. and snow... well. not the best but at least you have control over your own breaks!

GillyMarie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:47 AM

no since I didnt here about the snow till yesterday, I didnt ask my co workers till then so everyone is full.

the conference call really wouldnt work cause its 2days worth of meetings etc. but i did just try to reach my boss but she is unavailable.....

Quoting mommytoG:

There are no other Co-Workers you could go with? What about your boss. Try talking to him/her and see what he/she/ says. Not sure how much help that would be, but its a start.

Do you have a phone that can do conference calls where you work? You could do that if you do and that way you dont have to travel anywhere.

If I were 28 weeks pregnant And there was a snow and ice storm coming, I wouldnt travel, I would sat write me up, My unborn is more important

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)