Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for those who do their own taxes and have a home based business

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM
  • 2 Replies

What software do you recommend using for doing your own taxes? I usually have a professional do my taxes but I can't afford the $175 this year that I'm prolly going to get charged again. I'm scared to death to do my own taxes for fear of screwing something up, but as I said I can't afford to get them done professionally.

For those of you who do your own taxes and have a home based business what software do you use? I have to claim three different home based businesses this year.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Erieshore
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I had a home based cleaning business and craft business for over 14 yrs.  I have used Tax Act and is done the job for me.

If I may say, you indeed have to keep good records all year for each business and have all that info in front of you when you start.  It does have a review section that's prompts you with questions regarding areas  you forgot or deductions you forgot that  you may  be allowed.  good luck 

My Family is my inspiration!  Nature photography is my passion!   CM is my addiction and Life is a blessing!  simple smile

prestonjohn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:23 AM

id weigh out the pros and cons of doing your own, one software isnt cheap and two if you pay 175 now at least if something is wrong your not at fault,,but if you do it and something is then your at fault and it probably will cost you more later 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)