Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why don't some ppl understand the point of assistance?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM
  • 85 Replies

I got to thinking after responding to another post. Do ppl really not understand what assistance is for? I'm not saying the welfare, food stamps, and etc are wrong. But why do some ppl complain about what they don't get from the system.

The program is set up so that you can better yourself so that someday you don't need to use the government. Is it really that hard to understand?

ps I'm not saying that the person from the other post was complaining but some ppl do.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:14 AM

You'd think so...lol.

~Jill~

prestonjohn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:19 AM

i know what you are saying,,i get tired or responding to ppl because they just dont get that for some reason...its not there to support their kids because they decided to get knocked up... 

LillysMama0308
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Man I wish I can get some assistance.. Do You know how hard it is to get anything now a days.. If I could get atleast foodstamps I wouldnt complain at all..

Calling all you ladies!! Come see A little group that will be perfect for YOU, Its call See How They Grow!! Its Has Photo Editing, Contest, Polls and Games.. Come check us out and maybe even join..

http://www.cafemom.com/group/ohhowtheygrow

ashleykilleen
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I understand that, its not that hard, i used to have wic for my son and i when i first got preggo. By the time my son was 10 months the wic ppl started pushing me around realy bad and then tryed telling me that my dh made too much money and that they were gonna cut me off. after dealing with these ppl by the 10th month i said screw it and i will find a diffrent way to take care of it cuz i didnt want them to make me feel like a bad mom anymore.

So the system put a bug in my dh's and myselfs butt to find a new way to make things work. I am happy to say that it has been well over a year since we left wic and i am proud of it. I am glad they were there when we needed them and glad we were able to leave and rely on ourselfs.

-ash

ttcpreview image

worwalkerlds
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:31 AM
God I know!!!!! I was turned down 4 damn times for food stamps! I see women in the stores with 5 kids and 3 buggies full!! My SO works hard, and we get our bills paid, but we still need a little help. Atleast until I can go back to work!
Quoting LillysMama0308:

Man I wish I can get some assistance.. Do You know how hard it is to get anything now a days.. If I could get atleast foodstamps I wouldnt complain at all..

Emmy217
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:35 AM

My fiance and I are on food assistance, and I'm really thankful it's there for us. I'm one of those "lazy moms" that poped out a kid irresponsibly, stays home with my daughter, and lives off the gvmt. In reality, my 20 year old fiance works full time, and is a full time college student. I'm 21, taking college classes online while staying home with DD. We're broke parents and college students....and I don't think that assistance is innappropiate in our case.

HarleyMama2008
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Even if you did have your child "irresponsibly" like you said, at least you both are trying to make  your lives better by going to college.  You are one of those families that deserve the assitance.  At least your not at home sitting on your ass doing nothing while the roatches crawl all over the place.

Quoting Emmy217:

My fiance and I are on food assistance, and I'm really thankful it's there for us. I'm one of those "lazy moms" that poped out a kid irresponsibly, stays home with my daughter, and lives off the gvmt. In reality, my 20 year old fiance works full time, and is a full time college student. I'm 21, taking college classes online while staying home with DD. We're broke parents and college students....and I don't think that assistance is innappropiate in our case.

mysteriousmom06
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:43 AM

And I don't think its inappropriate in your case either. At least your not saying, "oh why do I get to stay home and not do anything"

Quoting Emmy217:

2milesboys
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:44 AM

hey im happy with what i get, every little bit helps, maybe im the exception to the rule i dont know but i do get annoyed when a family of 3 complains they ONLY get 400 and a family of 5 is trying to budget on 200.... be happy with what you get and if you dont like it change something, dont buy brand name or so many freakin snacks (when i worked as a cashier several people bought the high end stuff and so many freakin snacks on foodstamps of course it didnt last the whole month duh)

Tajcc
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:45 AM

If you don't qualify for assistancethen there are people out there worse then you.... but some people don't get that. It's not a right to get any form of public assistance.

post_921226_1225952749_med.jpg picture by cindisinclair

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)