Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 9 year old was dumped?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:37 AM
  • 1 Replies

Ok so my 9 yearold comes home and in his book bag is a dear john letter from a girl. He was dumped! I am floored that he even had a so called "girl friend". To make it worse she dumped him because he has another "girl friend".  He is upset about this girl. I am not sure how to go about talking to him about this. He is only 9! I dont belive he should be worried about girls at all right now. I am a single mom, he's a boy, so what can I possible say to him that he will understand and listen too. I mean he might very well be upset about this and I dont want to upset him more by telling him not to worry about it, that he doesnt need a girl friend at this age anyway, that he needs to consintrate on school instread. And by the way, I am just mom, so what do I know? lol, you know how kids can be. I am speechless!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MyIrishTwins56
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:25 AM

In this day and age, kids are getting into things earlier than before.  I'd say just talk to him honestly.  That's always the best thing. Remember that kids know a lot more than we give them credit for.  9 today is not the same thing as 9 when we were kids LMAO.  He'll get over the heartache, with some help from mom.  I would say that the biggest thing that you should talk to him about it loyalty.  And that its not nice to have two girl friends an one time.  Let him know that she probably feels the same way that he did - heartbroken - when she found out that he had another girlfriend. Of course after you find out if this is really the case. GL You're gonna have a lot more talks of this nature than you'd like. happy

"Learn to write you hurts in sand and to carve your benefits in stone." - Unknown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)