Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Childcare charge??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:48 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am going to be watching a baby girl about 2 months old and I was wondering what you girls would charge for this?? I normally charge $25 a day unless it's full time then I charge $100 a week... Is that normal I know that daycares charge a bit more but I can't afford daycare myself which is why I am trying to make money at home...

Thanks for your help!!

I LOVE MY BABYBOYS

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hazeleyes146
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM

the one i go to charges 30 a day and she is cheap if it is an small infant i would charge 30 but thats me i hope this helps///////////

hollinicole
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:52 AM

When Emily was 3 months she was in daycare, I paid $65 a week for 3 hours a day, don't know if that helps. But babies at  that age spend most of the day sleeping so it want bee much work.

AmandaA
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I will have her for about 8 top 9 hours a day....

I LOVE MY BABYBOYS

mlbrooks421
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM

$25 sounds fair, maybe $30. Still cheaper than daycare.

Quoting AmandaA:

I will have her for about 8 top 9 hours a day....

mamatocaleb
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:36 PM

im really cheap... i charge 15 bucks a day for my friends 2 kids. if she wasnt my friend i would charge 20 a day because daycare here is between 3 and 3.75 an hour. and a lot of people get state aid to help them with daycare payment. so your rates are reasonable...whatever you feel is best. also heres a little tip i learned the hard way. let the parents no you are doing a 2 week trial run, because some kids wont fit in around your kids schedule and it can be very difficult to have to put off your own child due to another one in the home. also set up a contract with her that if she decides to take her child elsewhere she has to give you a week notice, what she has to provide and if you are to pay for anything such as she runs out of formula or diapers she has to reimburse you. good luck...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)