Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

selling your eggs..

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:03 PM
  • 26 Replies

Would you do it?  I'm just wondering. I'm not selling my eggs,lol.  I came across an ad on Craigs list for an NJ center that is looking for egg donors.  They pay $8,000 for donating eggs.  What is the process like? I'm sure it's kind of crazy if you would get that much money from it.  I guess the thought of helping a women out who can't have a child on her own is nice, but the thought of a child being born that would be mine, but really isn't, is kind of wierd. 

Just brought it up as a conversational topic since it's on my mind.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
avegajenkins
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Oooh That is wierd,

expecting girllistening to tunesbaby boypuppy

Lexi & Q         Jada (11yrs)   Jaylen (1yrs.)    Diggy (2mos) PUG

kmgehweiler
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I had briefly thought about it at one point, but decided against it, you have to take a lot of meds and go through a very thorough history check, and just like you mentioned, the thought of little mes running around with other families, just wierded me out.

Forgive your enemies but never forget their names. -JFK

lisafdoula
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM

No, I couldn't do it, but thank God for those who will.  I have been a surrogate mother, and we used eggs that were from an egg donor.  The experience was amazing and the end result is beautiful.  It takes a very special woman to donate a part of herself like that. 
The process is not a simple one.  It involves lots of testing and applications, then you have to be matched and chosen.  Then you start hormones and eventually your eggs (usually a lot of them, like 20-30) are retrieved from your ovaries.  You are put under general anesthetic for that.  In most situations the donation is anonymous, so you may or may not find out if your eggs resulted in pregnancy.

youngmom33
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM

I would, My tubes are tied, so why not give a family and a woman that really wants a baby the chance to have her own child. Its just like men donating sperm 

Seven07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I would, but my family medical history probably wouldn't pass. 

marblet
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:18 PM

I have honestly thought abt it. I have a friend of mine that is doing invetro and she can't produce enough eggs. I half jokiningly/ not so jokingly offered to give her some of mine. So yes I have tought abt it. But I don't know.......

pambayens
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I thought about doing that after I had my 2nd child and had my tubes tied

mamatocaleb
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM

well... i dont think i could give away an egg or more, but i also am very selfish with things from my body. but i have offered to my mother and my sister to be a surrogant but they told me no because i wouldnt emotionally be able to do it... i would be a surrogant but not sell or donate my eggs..its a medical process and testing and you get paid for it.

Janis198
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I have thought about, but then thought, I could never give away one of my babies and to me my eggs are my babies, kwim.  and now I am to old to do it, the cut off is 31.

Janis mommy to 5 great kidshaving chocolate

lisafdoula
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM

If that's your theory, then every month when you ovulate, you flush your babies.

Quoting Janis198:

I have thought about, but then thought, I could never give away one of my babies and to me my eggs are my babies, kwim.  and now I am to old to do it, the cut off is 31.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)