Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

walking concern with 1 year old

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi all!

My daughter, Morgan, will be 13 months this week.  She's almost walking independently!  She's walking with the wheeler, can easily pull herself up, and is enjoying being on her feet!

The problem is...is that her right foot bends out when she walks.  Her left foot is perfectly normal but her right foot is always out without fail.  When I mentioned it to our pedi at her 1 year appt., she said not to worry about it too much at this time, but to get her some hard sole shoes to get used to.  I have...I got her some nice Stride Rites that she's gotten used to quickly even with them being much more heavy than her regular Robeez. 

Have any of you been through this?  Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks...:)

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mlg871
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I'm sorry I have no suggestions, but I jsut had to tell you,

You're daughter is beautiful!!!

BUMP

kasek
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Thanks!!  We have to get the mail in a sled everyday....so we were on a mail run...:)

Anyone else????

bethelann2004
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Yes, she is pretty. What beautiful blue eyes!!

I wouldn't worry too much about her foot. She's just learning to walk, and will probably correct it herself. Just keep an eye out for it, and if it doesn't get better in a few months, you should mention it to the dr. again.

Jillian
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I think she's fine my dd did that at first but she's fine now have the shoes helped at all? Yu can try calling a foot dr. in your area my FIL is a foot dr and wasn't worried about dd's issue but they may have a excersise for you or tell you what to worry about or whats fine. Good luck give it time she's probably fine.

baby

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)