Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i've lost myself (piog)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:35 PM
  • 3 Replies

i don't know who i am anymore. i feel like i am a warden and a maid. i work from home for an internet company from 9am-4pm and then again from 1am-6am, tuesday thru saturday. when i'm not working, i am cleaning, cooking, driving kids to school and driving my bf to and from work.  and being a referee to 4 rambunctious kids, (2 of which are my step kids). i have been a mother since i was 17 and feel like a failure. i have to bust my ass just to scrape by and even then we aren't really even scraping we are barely making it financially, my bf is only working 25 hours a week, so i feel like the weight of everything is on my shoulders. on my days off i spend them driving 2 hours away to take my stepdaughter to dr's appointments bc my bf got a dui and doesnt' have a dl right now. there is so much i want to do with my life, i am only 29 but i feel 20 years older. i want to go back to school but there aren't enough hours in the day. i have no one to talk to, i just feel so miserable right now. thanks for letting me vent ladies

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Christy644
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:36 PM

***sigh****

meeeeee tooooooooo.

It's one of those days. Vent away vent away 

amandad0225
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM

know how you feel.  i feel the same way of course i went from working 32 hours a week babysitting and being mommy ( we all know those chores!) to being a SAHM and i think it is harder.  i have no one to talk to either

starleigh21
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:51 PM

yep, this is what happens when you become a wife and a mother. does that make it okay? NO. I used to read ALOT of self-discovery books, they helped some. Try counseling, ways to get yourself back, even look up sites that are related to self-discovery, finding self again, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)