Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ALDI Grocery Store - 20% cheaper than Wal-Mart.

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have discovered ALDI Supermarket,  it is 20% cheaper than Wal-mart.  We don't have a ALDI here in California, but here's the link for the store locator.

http://www.aldifoods.com/index_ENU_HTML.htm

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SilverSeraphim
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Aldi's is awesome, we have a few here in Cleveland.

Another good alternative is Save-A-Lot, there's one down the street from us, we go there most weeks.

Take note, one of the reasons that Aldi's and Save-A-Lot are so cheap is because they do not bag for free. You buy the grocery bags and bag the groceries yourself. We usually grab an empty product box and put groceries in that, both stores have them all over the place and do not mind you taking them.

minimom11107
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Oh it's WAY more than 20% cheaper than wal mart. When you look at your receipt there's only a handful of things are over 1.99 there. I just don't like to get my meat and fresh produce there, they stay "fresh" entirely too long, has to be an insane amount of preservatives and I'm not a picky one when it comes to stuff like that, but it just seems not natural or healthy at all.

BingsMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:02 PM

We don't have a Save-A-Lot either. But, we got a Winco Foods.  I won't buy my meat or produce there though. I tried steaks there once, and my family hated them.

Quoting SilverSeraphim:

Aldi's is awesome, we have a few here in Cleveland.

Another good alternative is Save-A-Lot, there's one down the street from us, we go there most weeks.

Take note, one of the reasons that Aldi's and Save-A-Lot are so cheap is because they do not bag for free. You buy the grocery bags and bag the groceries yourself. We usually grab an empty product box and put groceries in that, both stores have them all over the place and do not mind you taking them.

mamahelvete
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Someone was listening to Clark Howard! lol

BingsMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Sure was.  I listen to him everyday.

Quoting mamahelvete:

Someone was listening to Clark Howard! lol

Janis198
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I hate Aldi's foods, yuk

Janis mommy to 5 great kidshaving chocolate

mymichelle2002
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Sam's Club and Costco.?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)