Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what age woulud you start your baby on milk?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have a one year old and wonder if he is old enough to give whole milk to yet, since enfamil has come up with a new todler formula.

Free BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree Blinkies
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlsmith1862
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I started DS on whole milk just before he was 1 but then after his first birthday I took him off of formula completely and just gave him milk. However, he is drinking 1% now because he gets insanely constipated fast from whole milk.

maryinger
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:38 PM

one year.  if he has problems with it, put it off for another month or so and try again later.

davidnjonsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:38 PM

They say to start giving them milk when they turn 1. We did that for David, our oldest and will be starting Jonathan on milk in March when he turns 1.

jenC1978
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM

My son was on Enfamil formula and at about 12 months or a little after we started doing 3/4 formula, 1/4 milk, and then gradually increase the milk and lessen the formula bec. at first I think he got gassy from it so we had to ease him into the milk. 

moliphant28
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:50 PM

I started my daughter with half milk and half formula at 10 1/2 months and by 12 mos she was on whole milk.  My son I started at 1 but he had diahrrea and I had to put him on soy.  He was almost 2 when he could finally digest the milk right.

scrapin_mom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:54 PM

at 1 you can start whole milk

KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:14 PM

i started mixing milk and formula when ds was 9 mos old, with the okay from his dr of course. he was completely off formula by the time he was 1.

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:24 AM

My son never got cow's milk.  He stayed on Nutramigen until 16 months when we transitioned him to hemp milk. 

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, coolest kid on the block!

Then                                           Now

wallylicious
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:26 AM

If I could go back in time and do things now based on the knowledge I've gained, I would say NEVER.

we drink soy milk now (when milk is necessary) and a lot of orange juice. cow's milk isn't nearly so healthy as the industry and society would lead you to believe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)