Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co-sleepers...a question.

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM
  • 3 Replies

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28857953/

Please read this article, co-sleepers, what are your thoughts on this?

I am not bashing, just wondering what you think when you read this.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AshMomToShawn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Any mother who can roll onto their child to cause that doesnt need to be sleeping with that child they are either too heavy of a sleeper, sleep deprived(even then thats hard to believe I have went 72 hours with out sleep and if he even gets his hand under my side I wake up), or on drugs. I take all the precautions that are needed to co sleep with my son. He sleeps on his side cuddling his pillow he is able to roll over and he actually had more trouble in his crib he would lay face down but in bed with me he will lay up against me or with his back to me or on his back any of those ways he has plenty of air flow going to him and he sleeps soundly. If you know what your doing its not dangerous if you are being irresponsible than you shouldnt be doing it at all. My son is perfectly safe and alot happier sleeping in mommy's bed.

sky375
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:39 PM
I personally do not do the co sleeping thing. My DD has slept in her own bed since birth. First the bassinet next to my bed then at 8 weeks she moved to her own room in her crib. I have brought her into my bed on Saturday mornings when I am fully awake and she is still wanting to sleep. I make sure there are no blankets or pillows around her when she is in my bed as she is starting to grab things and pull them into her mouth and face. Many parents enjoy co sleeping, but I agree with the previous post that most of the injuries and deaths associated with co sleeping are because the parents were less than aware of their babies as they slept. If your bed is against the wall put the baby on the other side. Better to suffer a short fall than be caught between the bed and the wall. I would think a baby would wake up crying if it were stuck like that or under a parents. Wouldn't the parent wake up to that?
fivel22
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM

peole get so emotional about this...even though it is proven, i also read the article, some people still have the 'it cant happen to me' attitude.  my son has never slept in our bed...i just dont think i could do it.  i would never get a restful sleep and then the next day i would be worthless...too scary for me.  we know a couple whose child died because her mom (not on drugs or too heavy as stated in another post) rolled over and smothered the baby..it seems like it could've been prevented and so devestating...i am just stating my opinion so becareful out there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)