Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Isn't this wierd.. or is it just me?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

So to make a long story short.. I have a 16 month old daughter. I also have a boyfriend of a little over a year(not her bio father .. her bio father never wanted anything to do with her,so she ONLY knows my boyfriend), who is absolutely wonderful with my daughter. His grandmother who is 87 lives with him.  Well, she is very sick, and so my bf's mother is taking his grandma down to florida for a week to see her son,whom she hasnt seen in quite awhile.  Anyways, my boyfriend wants me and Livy to stay over his house while theyre gone to Florida.  Not as if he would be having to hide it from his grandma, because we're there all of the time, but to me it would just be wierd..  I mean, I definately wouldnt stay there the whole week lol but I thought about us maybe staying there Saturday night, but then I was like nahh that's sooo wierd..  I don't know exactly why i feel this way. But, I think alot of it is because of my daughter. Now, my boyfriend and I are not engaged or anything- but we do plan on being with each other. He's also aware  that i would never live with him unless there was a ring on my finger ATLEAST. 

So, do you think it would be wierd if we stayed over there.. even for one night? Yes or no.. and tell me your reason why. Thanks!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
livsmama1003
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I'm so bumping my own post for a reply!

luvmikids2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:29 PM

I dont think it would be weird...people do it  all the time..you are both grown and no one else is goin to be there so i dont see why not.

First_One_8_18
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Quoting luvmikids2:

I dont think it would be weird...people do it  all the time..you are both grown and no one else is goin to be there so i dont see why not.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

inwonderland888
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I dont find it wierd at all!

prdmommyandwife

I don't think it is weird at all.. u have reservations about staying. But one night I don't think is really all that much.. But i wouldn't stay the whole week.. I know that is prob not much help but one night is nto that big of a deal..i love ur daughters name..its cute... and ur boyfriend seems to be really understanding about it all.. talk to him and see what he thinks.. good luck momma..

livsmama1003

i guess i just feel wierd because we're not engaged or anything.. and i don't want to feel like i'm just 'sleeping over' ya know?

Quoting luvmikids2:

kartersmommy820
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:35 PM

if it were me i would feel a little strange. I was the same way with the ring thing and I would be concerned for my baby. I would be afraid that he would be uncomfortable in a different house overnight. And thats enought to make me uncomfortable.

steph2884
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I don't think it would be weird at all.

pregnancy calendar

baby

livsmama1003
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:41 PM

well i thought about my daughter being uncomfortable, but we're there all of the time,so that's actually the least of my worries.

Quoting kartersmommy820:

if it were me i would feel a little strange. I was the same way with the ring thing and I would be concerned for my baby. I would be afraid that he would be uncomfortable in a different house overnight. And thats enought to make me uncomfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)